New to the group

Options
I am working on navigating the site still but am sure that I will manage. I had my lapband surgery March 2011. Initially I lost about 30 pounds starting at 255. Unfortunately I had a double pelvic fracture of my right ramus upper and lower and ended up in a nursing home for a month in May and then in August could no longer live with the pain in my back which we had put off to see if I could get some weight off as it would help with my recovery. I ended up having two surgeries on my back one on Monday and one on Wednesday and was released on Saturday of that week. Everything was starting to look up and in my final checkup in the end of September following surgery they found a compression fracture and I had a vertibroplasty two weeks later. Anyway have a lot of hardware in my back. At first I was afraid to exercise and then in December had a bone density test and found out that I have post menopausal osteoporosis. I have decided on prolia to try as it promotes bone growth.
Anyway maybe now that I seem to be on the road to recovery, although I can break a bone at any time, I am finally starting to lose weight again. I am currently walking in the morning and sometimes in the evening as well. I also go to the YMCA, water aerobics at the city pool, and I even went to a Zumba class. It was fun but boy did I sweat-I was wringing wet by the time I got home.

My doctor has set a goal for the summer-he would like to see me get to 200 or below by the end of summer. This morning I weighed in at 217.8 which is good since I was depressed for about two weeks. I hope that I will hear from some of you and that you will become my friend and we can help support each other. 1502kathy:bigsmile:

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • KatieJoelle17
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss keep up the good work feel free to message me anytime!
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and Welcome to MFP.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are taking all the right steps and making great choices :) I have heard lots about Zumba sounds like a lot of fun, one day I'll try it ! I hope you reach all your goals!

Feel free to add or message me if you like :)