MFP FOREVER!?!?

Options
i have become addicted to this website. the friends, the logging, the newsfeed. ALL of it. i log everyday. and have for a little over a year now. i like seeing what i eat, how many cals, and all my macros laid out.

HOWEVER...

before this website i had no issues with portion control and was at a ideal weight (joined to lose some tummy flab. about 5-10lbs) and i was fine. i didnt eat the healthiest foods but i didnt gorge on crap either.

so my question is do you plan on logging forever? until maintaince? just occasionaly? i have OCD and feel like i have become too attached to this webiste to not log.....

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. The log is a HUGE help for me, and I'm afraid if I didn't stay up with it then old habits would creep their way back into my life.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i do plan to be logging forever.

basically.

I think.

Heard studies (NPR) that the only way to keep the weight off is to keep a food diary...like...forever. And I *was* obsese so yeah, for me, I need the regular check in.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on doing it forever. Once I hit my goal and get stable on maintenance I plan to stop logging my food everday, but this website is so great I doubt I'll ever not use it lol
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I think it would be helpful to keep logging one's weight and fat percentage if not all one's food.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to need to log forever. My sister showed me this site and I loved it. Much better than trying to keep track of all this in my head and not working.

I log everyday even when I am on vacation.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Will stay as long as this site is running. :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have OCD as well and find it extremely helpful to write it all down, especially since I also have ADHD and simply cannot remember any of the details. Even when I go over on calories or something, just having it down in black and white and getting it out of my head does wonders for my anxiety.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't know about forever....but certainly for a long time after I have reached my goal weight. I love the site and have made several good friends so leaving would be difficult to say the least.....
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    God, I hope I'm here forever. I love my friendships on here. Some of the most crass and hilarious people I know.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I probably will. I have been fat all my life. If this truly helps me lose weight and then maintain my desired weight, I definitely will. I figure the minutes it takes to do it is worth it if my weight is all gone and I don't want it to return!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging on MFP forever. I have been obese for so long that once I get to goal I never want to go back. I see logging everyday as my only way to keep it off.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am going to wean myself off of MFP eventually. I mean, I love the site, but I cannot see logging forever. Once I reach my goal, I am going to give myself a good long time to get into a maintenance routine and be all about the lifestyle...that is what this is about after all...not a diet but a lifestyle. If after x amount of time I am making good choices the majority of the time and exercising 3-5 times a week, I will begin weaning myself away....probably by not logging on the weekends, and then taking away one day at a time, all while keeping track of my weight and fluctuations and making sure I'm staying within my goal range. If I start going up again, I will come back of course, before I am back where I'm starting.

I will also probably log during pregnancy just to keep myself from ridiculous binges and to keep myself honest. Then, it should be easier to lose the baby weight at the end. I will probably be on and off of here over the course of the next 7 years or so but if I am having real issues, I will keep logging forever to keep myself healthy.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to stop any time soon. If that means forever, so be it!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i am curious becaus like i said BEFORE mfp i ate like a normal person. while not everything was healthy (i ate out ALOT) i did eat healthy food, because i enjoy it. i LOVE fruits, veggies, grilled chicken, ect. but i also ate dessert(not everyday) and i ordered what i wanted when i went out to eat (not just what was healthy) but i only ate until i was full. i didnt just eat to eat. since i started this site i constently think about food. i log everything before i eat so i make sure i stay within my calories and macros. while this is helpful it drives me and those around me crazy at times. sometimes i just want to eat like a normal person again not having to worry about every calorie, carb, or protein. you know? but then i think that most of my family is over weight and while i did maintain a healthy/ideal weight while eating not so healthy all the time, eventually it may have caught up with me...
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think once i can maintain my ideal weight for at least a year i will slowly come off of this site, still be on here to support my friends but log maybe 3 times a week if that.
  • beteblanche
    beteblanche Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am addicted as well!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I certainly won't be doing this forever - i know if i did, it would be to appease ocd. i will, however, always return to calorie counting every so often, basically whenever i experience a life change.

keep it up while it's fun, but it is a quite dangerous tool for us ocd types. i am ocding up right now, actually. i should be at -work- but i'm stuck here because i feel like i haven't fulfilled my mfp ritual properly yet.

yeah... and you know how these rituals have a way of expanding out and taking over our lives? yep. got to be careful with MFP.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Forever. I think I have replaced my addiction for food with MFP! LOL
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    i have become addicted to this website. the friends, the logging, the newsfeed. ALL of it. i log everyday. and have for a little over a year now. i like seeing what i eat, how many cals, and all my macros laid out.

HOWEVER...

before this website i had no issues with portion control and was at a ideal weight (joined to lose some tummy flab. about 5-10lbs) and i was fine. i didnt eat the healthiest foods but i didnt gorge on crap either.

so my question is do you plan on logging forever? until maintaince? just occasionaly? i have OCD and feel like i have become too attached to this webiste to not log.....

I had same problem... Before MFP I maintained very well with no counting or obsession. when I came here things changed.

I do not log my eating or track it. I eat instinctively and eat when hungry basically. I don't think its healthy to log forever nor should you. After a month go logging you should know a good idea how much to eat and eye ball portions.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I will probably check in with friends, but I do not plan to log forever. That could change... but I had lost 40 lbs after my first pregnancy and kept it off, on my own, for several years. I just had my second baby a year ago and decided to join MFP to lose the baby weight... but I know I can maintain. I had a very healthy mindset before, I ate only when I was hungry and stopped when I was satisfied- not stuffed. Worked for me! I just need to get back to that habit/mindset. Do what works for you!!!! Good luck!