Prometheus

Options
13»

Replies

• Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I thought it did not live up to the hype at all.

I was expecting something like the Original alien....slow/moderate pacing with a great story.

I was unimpressed. Not good but not bad.

Saw it on Sunday and agreed with above statement. In fact, I was falling asleep in the beginning. A slow start.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed it..but had my mind churning.

Someone help me with this. The crew set a distress call out...which I assume was the distress call that MUTHER picked up and set the entire ALIEN movie in motion. However, the signal that MUTHER picked up wasn't clear, needed translated, and didn't sound even close to human (when the crew of the Nostromo was listening to it).

The only things I've come up with are that 1) MUTHER intentionally changed the message to begin with and made it unrecognizable and that 2) The plot of ALIEN has nothing to do with Prometheus as they were entirely two different planets. The planet in prometheus was not the planet the Nostromo landed on (which is why that engineer was never seen with his chest burst sitting in the pilot chair.

Whew...

Or......................the destress call came from the ship she flew off in?? Alien ship making a destress call in an alien language? Remember, the droid speaks alien.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I want to see this so bad
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Someone help me with this. The crew set a distress call out...which I assume was the distress call that MUTHER picked up and set the entire ALIEN movie in motion. However, the signal that MUTHER picked up wasn't clear, needed translated, and didn't sound even close to human (when the crew of the Nostromo was listening to it).

The only things I've come up with are that 1) MUTHER intentionally changed the message to begin with and made it unrecognizable and that 2) The plot of ALIEN has nothing to do with Prometheus as they were entirely two different planets. The planet in prometheus was not the planet the Nostromo landed on (which is why that engineer was never seen with his chest burst sitting in the pilot chair.

Whew...

Or......................the destress call came from the ship she flew off in?? Alien ship making a destress call in an alien language? Remember, the droid speaks alien.

This is still 30 years before Alien and there are a lot more of those ships out there. There is no reason to believe that that planet was even the same one from Alien.

So deff number 2
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Whew...

It was a different planet and these holes will probably be filled in the sequel. My friend and I had the same questions. The engineer that was decapitated was dead for +/- 2000 years according to Shaw. If it is 30 years before the Nostromo discovered the ship then the timeline is incorrect OR there is more to this story than we were shown. Lots of questions. Did you stay until the end of the credits? There was something regarding Weyland Industries set for October 2012. I've not looked into that yet.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    If the Engineers were real...what would you (ladies)...?
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I liked it, a lot, but I didn't like how the ending of this, was very like the ending of Alien.

Great film though, it was SILENT walking out.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Whew...

It was a different planet and these holes will probably be filled in the sequel. My friend and I had the same questions. The engineer that was decapitated was dead for +/- 2000 years according to Shaw. If it is 30 years before the Nostromo discovered the ship then the timeline is incorrect OR there is more to this story than we were shown. Lots of questions. Did you stay until the end of the credits? There was something regarding Weyland Industries set for October 2012. I've not looked into that yet.

Have you heard the space Jesus theory? Jesus was actually an alien and after humanity killed him, the engineers were planning on destroying earth!

I am not sure if I believe it, but the timeline works!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Saw this with my OH. I was actually bored by the end, and the plot had holes in it you could drive a bus thru.
    But yes the Engineers were yummy. I woke up for those bits.:laugh: