How do I still feel sexy?

Options
Ok guys and gals, I have been haveing a hard time feeling sexy, pretty, or even cute right now. How do you feel good in your own skin when you know that you still have so far to go?

Replies

• Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on my "pretty parts" ! I love my eyes and I dont usually wear makeup so I do up my eyes so the pop! Or I go and get a nice haircut! Or I eat some veggies....I feel like im doing something right and at least i can do that! I like photography so I will go searching for cool things to take pics of....(I guess to get my mind off of me lol). I also put on yummy smelling body spray! And, instead of wearing my usual baggy clothes I try to wear something tailored and flattering, even if Im only going to the store :)
  • corsetqueen09
    Options
    just keep thinking of the end result, you won't feel this way forever!! Everyone has those days, you just have to keep thinking about how good you will feel when you hit your goal weight. The more you concentrate on how you feel now the more depressed and upset you'll make yourself. Sometimes we can't help but want instant gratification. Just be patient and know that you WILL get there, just not overnight!! So don't worry be happy :D
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Beautiful makeup and accessories, also shoes. Shoes can be very sexy :-)
  • wyldling
    wyldling Posts: 35
    Options
    The best way and 100% satisfaction guaranteed way I find to feel sexy when I'm self conscious is to have awesome sex. And I hope that doesn't get me banned or reported for saying that. Anyways, its always a good mood booster when being negative and it burns a good amount of calories. Don't even think about what you look like, just enjoy the sensation of touch. Hell, my girlfriend says she loves the chub better because its always soft to touch and enjoyable to cuddle up with. No need to buy accessories or doll up, drop your skippies and get dirty with a loved one who loves you for everything that you are.

Work on eating healthy, drinking water, taking care of your skin and exercising because eventually your skin will be glowing and you'll never want to put your clothes back on! Yay nudism! Seriously, though, take care of your body and you'll wake up in the morning feeling beautiful without having to put on makeup. When I tried that before it was only a matter of weeks before I felt the positive results and now I'm hoping to get that back after falling off the bandwagon. ^-^
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you have to love yourself regardless.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Look at "before" pictures and remember how far you've come.
  • tlewer
    tlewer Posts: 1
    Options
    just keep going! You are making progress
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I always closet shopped.. look at the clothes in the closet and figure out if anything old fits again!! It's like shopping for free! Also, I would go and get a new bra and panties .. have to have nice foundation garments to make those girls stand out.

Just focus on the good things. Your progress. Put a collage of pictures together. Go out and be with positive people. It is difficult but this is the best thing for you.

Go win this race!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I look at my progress album I made on Facebook, realizing how much better I look now. I also doll up and go out somewhere, that usually helps. Talking to my bf is the best option for me though as he's quick to compliment me. :blushing:
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You have 38 reasons to feel sexy! Keep up the great work!

Plus,

531170_364534070255599_341939829181690_939157_1963454415_n.jpg
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I remind myself that nothing is sexier than confidence- regardless of how I feel about the way I look, I hold my head up high, wear clothes that fit well, and look people in the eyes.
  • CoralConnor
    CoralConnor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The best way and 100% satisfaction guaranteed way I find to feel sexy when I'm self conscious is to have awesome sex. And I hope that doesn't get me banned or reported for saying that. Anyways, its always a good mood booster when being negative and it burns a good amount of calories. Don't even think about what you look like, just enjoy the sensation of touch. Hell, my girlfriend says she loves the chub better because its always soft to touch and enjoyable to cuddle up with. No need to buy accessories or doll up, drop your skippies and get dirty with a loved one who loves you for everything that you are.

Work on eating healthy, drinking water, taking care of your skin and exercising because eventually your skin will be glowing and you'll never want to put your clothes back on! Yay nudism! Seriously, though, take care of your body and you'll wake up in the morning feeling beautiful without having to put on makeup. When I tried that before it was only a matter of weeks before I felt the positive results and now I'm hoping to get that back after falling off the bandwagon. ^-^

^ This! If you have someone you love who cherishes your body, there's nothing like great sex to boost your oxytocin levels and body confidence.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Don't try so hard...natural is the new sexy. Just be you..be confident. Admire your own body..become fond of it. Loving yourself is sexy!!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't :sad: Wana hear how to too :L
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I go shopping with my husband's money. That always makes me feel sexy :laugh: Just kidding! (sort of) But on a serious note, I do things to take care of myself (hair, makeup, dress nice) to keep from feeling "sloppy". Makes me feel better.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Ok guys and gals, I have been haveing a hard time feeling sexy, pretty, or even cute right now. How do you feel good in your own skin when you know that you still have so far to go?

you should feel sexy no matter what your size is. sexy comes from within. own it!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Look at "before" pictures and remember how far you've come.

This! Helps me every time.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Sexy is in the mind, truly. I think people are sexiest when they aren't self-conscious, and they're fully themselves. In the moment, doing whatever it is they do.

But... those little things like painting toenails, curling or straightening hair, makeup just right, a sexy outfit that works for your body, and some hot undies. Those help too :)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    This is something I'm struggling with cause I actually felt sexier when I was bigger. I would spend a lot of time pampering myself and dressing up so I could feel good being a bigger girl. Now I rock the ponytail and cute workout gear, but it doesn't feel sexy. So I'm trying to bring in more of a balance. I spend a bit more time getting ready in the mornings for work, and one day a week I go all out and get dressed up to go out with the hubby. I mean ALL OUT! Not sure if this helps, but I guess find something that makes you feel good, new scent, mani/pedi, shoes, curl your hair, or new eyeliner...whatever it takes.