5'8 and 188??

Options
2»

Replies

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at exactly 188! I carry my weight very evenly so people always thought I weighed less too. I'm about 163 now and very happy at this weight, although I'm aiming for 159 just to say I'm in the 150's :wink:

I owe a considerable amount of credit to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I did it 2 months in a row and saw major results. I also walk about 40 minutes a day and eat pretty clean and healthy during the week. On the weekends I workout very little. I still try to eat healthy on the weekends but I lead a very active and social life so my calories are definitely up on weekends with eating out and drinking.

Friend me if you want to see what I'm up to. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about what worked for me.

Toodles!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a jillian michaels fan too! She has really sculpted me. I have done Ripped in 30, 30DS and just completed 6 week 6 pack. I would do her video at least 5-6 days a week and in addition either 30 minutes elliptial or 45 minutes treadmill. I always did both the video and cardio. I also ate pretty clean but had a fun day on the weekend sometimes a whole weekend.

I would suggest 30Ds to start off with and cardio afterwards if you have time.
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    I was! I'm also 5' 8", started at 205 with a goal of 160. I'm now 154 :)
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    thanks ladies! I'm currently doing Insanity so I'm super excited to see my results! :)
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8/9". I started off at 235 ish, and am now down to 212. My first goal is 200, then probably 175-185 or so. I don't think I will ever be what my "ideal" weight is, nor do I think I will look good at that weight, but we will see as I get closer.
  • clioratha
    clioratha Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'9 here, currently 205 (down from 215). I'll never see 130 again, but I am aiming for 175 (which would be 25% BFP with my current muscle mass). Anything under that where I'm still healthy would be awesome!
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    I was there at one time about 6 months ago... i am now 5' 8 and 139lbs. Pretty happy here just working on toning now and whatever more weight I lose is fine with me :)
  • cj4kids
    cj4kids Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Was 196lbs (89kgs to me!) now at goal weight of around 140lbs (just want to stay between 63 and 65kgs (138-143lbs)). I am 174cm tall which is about 3/4" taller than you. My original goal weight was 152lbs (69kgs) which is what I was pre-kids, now I'm both lighter and healthier than I ever have been.
    I run (did a half marathon a few weeks back) - again something I did once upon a time but hadn't done for about 7 years, but other than that it has all been about portion control, not eating anything different, just not eating mammoth sized portions.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started out at 207and I'm under 180 now and I'm still big. When people try to flatter me, about not "looking that big" I just know they're trying to get something. ;)

I've lost it by not eating everything I want, and pounding my body into submission where it belongs through exercise. With a healthy dose of God's help I might add.
  • Astarinite
    Astarinite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'8 and am currently 186 (84.6kg). I started at 212 (96.4kg) and my initial goal is 165 (75kg) to be at the top of the healthy weight range and then see if I need to go any further from there.
  • little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started following Slimming World, and I did the 30 days Shred, 6 pack in 6 weeks, as well as lots of running! ( I completed my first half marathon the 23rd of June!). if oyu have any questions, please feel free to ask!xx
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Yep me. I was probably about 186 at my heaviest.

I am currently at 176, want to be 160 to be happy. 154 is my ultimate goal but tbh, I think it would be too skinny for my frame. I'll be happy with 160.
  • kittycraft
    kittycraft Posts: 17
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 187. I used to be around 225 or so last summer. In high school I was 150, but I still looked very heavy. I think I'm going to try to get around 130-140 this time and see if that suits me better. I am currently a size 16. When I was 150 I was around a 14. I clearly hold most of my weight in my bottom half, haha.
  • purplesoulkari
    purplesoulkari Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! What is your daily intake? I am a runner but weight is creeping up. Still same size but would love to get down to my UGW.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was 5'6 and 186....but no longer.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'9" and started on MFP at 184.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'10 and once weighed 198, now am 168. I have lost 20lbs since being on here, but lost 10 lbs before I was on here. I am stuck at 168-170.

ME TOO!! I am 5'11 and stuck at 166-167lbs! Nothing I have done has worked! I haven't lost in months!
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 187. I am now 176. My goal is 165.