Run, Zombies~ App

Options
robinskv
robinskv Posts: 107 Member
I got this app and tried it out tonight and I love it! I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination and I ran/walked 2.78 miles tonight. That is amazing for me in 40 minutes. (For others, this is pathetic, I know)

My question is for those who have been using it: can the zombies ever kill you? I didn't realize until after I was finished that I didn't outrun them a couple of times and I lost supplies. Can they ever kill you and if they can, do you have to start the missions over?

Thanks and see you at the base!

Replies

• clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool, tell me more about this app?
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :O~ *drool*

What is this magical ap you speak of?!
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It is similar to an audiobook in that it tells a story. As you are in a post-apocolyptic world, you are one of a small number of humans left and you are a runner. You are sent on missions to collect supplies for the remaining humans such as water, meds, secret files that will defeat the zombies, etc.

Zombies you ask? As you are out collecting these supplies, the story unfolds and the plot thickens. Zombies approach you and you must run faster to evade them and save yourself!

It uses the GPS on your smartphones to keep track of your distance, speed, and time. As you collect supplies, you bring them back to the base. The more you collect, the better the human have it and your population grows.

The whole time you are running, your playlist from your iTunes plays and at the end of songs and sometimes during, you are interrupted by zombies getting closer, or instructions from the radio tower.

Great story, believable, and it made my fat *kitten* run. LOVE LOVE LOVE it
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    OMG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :O I must have this.
  • Katychla
    Katychla Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this app!! I don't have it, but I'd read about it. Went walking today with my roommates and I told them the way I keep from getting worn out (I was always a good few yards ahead) is that I pretend I'm in the zombie-apocalypse and am scouting for supplies. They laughed, but it works.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've used it a couple of times now and the first time they caught me 4 times - it was probably a bad idea to use it when I was running hills, there is no way I can put on a burst of speed going up a really steep hill!
    I dropped lots of stuff but it still let me go on to the next mission. So far, so good!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i don't use gps, so i don't think so. i think it is programmed for you to think that they have caught you. sorry if i ruined the fun lol. but it is very cool
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Does it change each time you run? Or is it the same?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Erm.........do you mean "ZOMBIES, RUN!" ... ?
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Does it change each time you run? Or is it the same?

It's a developing story line.. I'm up to mission 3 (of LOTS of missions) and it looks as though they are going to introduce a bit of intrigue..... honestly, it's pretty lame, but I like it!
    The story plays in short snippets between your music playlist, so it's a bit like listening to the radio with some songs and some talking.

And yes, it is called "Zombies, run!"
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i don't use gps, so i don't think so. i think it is programmed for you to think that they have caught you. sorry if i ruined the fun lol. but it is very cool

I think it may be programmed for when not using GPS, but definitely not programmed when using the GPS.
  • Pebble321
    Options

I think it may be programmed for when not using GPS, but definitely not programmed when using the GPS.

I think it says that it will still work without the GPS, using the phone's accelerometer instead. I've been caught before, but that last few times I've evaded them each time - you just have to run faster than your average for a minute or so to get away.