Best kind of NSV

Options
shinisize
shinisize Posts: 105 Member
This morning I had two NSVs. First, in a panic because I realized all my jeans I thought fit were dirty, I tried on a pair that normally only fits when I'm a happily trim me (I'm just shy of 10 lbs from my goal, so 5 lbs from where I thought those pants would fit). They fit. No squeezing or anything. I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't take time to check myself out in the mirror before calling it good enough and running downstairs. About two minutes later I was standing at the counter making coffee and my boyfriend walked behind me, stopped dead in his tracks, and said possibly the sweetest thing ever:

"Wow, those pants make your *kitten* look really good."

He went on to tell me that he had been wrong, working out was making me look better, and he could tell now that I wasn't wearing pants that were slightly baggy in the back that I had been losing weight in a very good way. (He knew me at my goal weight, didn't feel that I looked any different heavier, and thought that this whole losing weight thing was a girly vanity thing before this morning.) It was totally more rewarding to have someone who looks at my butt every single day say that I was looking noticeably thinner in a great way than it was to fit into skinnier jeans! That's the world of difference between you noticing you've lost weight and other people noticing!

Replies

• kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    many congrats :-)
  • Gloriosa10
    Gloriosa10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, many congrats!!
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! It's the best when you're boyfriend/significant other looks at you and says "Damn, you look good", and they're not just saying that because you're hormonal or need a self esteem boost. :P
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    "Wow, those pants make your *kitten* look really good."

And what woman doesn't love hearing that? :laugh:

Seriously, great NSV, congrats! I love reading these kinds of stories, makes me smile. :heart:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It was totally more rewarding to have someone who looks at my butt every single day say that I was looking noticeably thinner in a great way than it was to fit into skinnier jeans! That's the world of difference between you noticing you've lost weight and other people noticing!

I TOTALLY get that! My boyfriend put his arms around me one day when I was getting dressed and all he siad was "Wow there is a lot less here" I burst out laughing and siad I know right isnt it amazing , he ofcourse smiled and said YES! Big BROWNIE POINTS for my man!
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! BTW, I'm totally wearing those pants for the rest of the week.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    love it! how awesome!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sweet deal! Congrats! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!