C25K Challenge

Replies

• tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    I just finished my week 5 day 1 run! The first 2 5 minute stretches weren't so bad...but that last one was a killer! I don't think it helped that it was getting hot at that point. I really have to start getting up earlier to beat the heat. But, I did it and I feel great! Here I come 8 minutes!! WOOHOO!
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    I just started this week! I did day 1 two days ago and I'm still sore. I completed the workout THREE times with no rest and really overdid it. Next time, I'm only going to do it once (or maybe twice if I'm feeling awesome).

17495672.png
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    I just started this week! I did day 1 two days ago and I'm still sore. I completed the workout THREE times with no rest and really overdid it. Next time, I'm only going to do it once (or maybe twice if I'm feeling awesome).

The best way to go about it is to do the program 3x per week with AT LEAST one rest day in between each run. :) If you need to repeat the week, do it again the following week. <3 You don't want to work so hard you put yourself out of commission. That defeats the purpose. :D

Also, do you have the proper footwear? It makes a huge difference. Go to a running store and get fitted if you haven't yet.
  • Alexface21
    Alexface21 Posts: 23
    I've been doing some shovelling work recently and so my back feels a bit tense. I still felt I should run today though, so I did a W1 run again, and it's amazing how easy it suddenly feels.

I recommend it actually; if anyone feels unmotivated, tired, fed up... going back and doing the first workout again really shows you how far you've come. It felt really easy so I knew I'd improved, and that's a great realisation.
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    I just completed d2w1. Honestly struggling with it. both to motivate myself to run/walk and to keep going. but it was easier today....
    feel free to add me if you are as well right at the beginning.
  • mhelm2010
    mhelm2010 Posts: 2
    I'm doing week 7 day 1 tomorrow! I've been using C25K since May and I love it! I've never been a runner in my life and now I am looking forward to my first 5K on July 29th!
  • Alexface21
    I just completed d2w1. Honestly struggling with it. both to motivate myself to run/walk and to keep going. but it was easier today....
    feel free to add me if you are as well right at the beginning.
    You've already overcome one of the hardest steps; getting going. :) Soon you'll really get into the swing of it, I'm sure.
  • tauny78
    Just got home yesterday from my camping trip, and I loved running at the campgrounds! It was wonderful having some scenery (besides corn fields) to enjoy while running. And I did my 20 minute run on week 5 day 3 Thursday and it went awesome! I really wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, but I found my rhythm and kept at it and really enjoyed the run. Today I did day 1 of week 6, and it was horrible! I woke up with a headache but went anyhow, and pushed through it. I couldn't get into a groove with it, and was really having to push the whole time, even though I thought it should feel easier after the 20 minutes. Hopefully Tuesday's run will go better....
  • sjlapins
    sjlapins Posts: 26 Member
    Tauny78 - w6d1 was my worst day so far!! I am now on w8d1 and although every run is a struggle, it is getting a little easier! I actually kind of look forward to going now. Ican't even believe I said that since I never ran in my life before starting c25k. Your next run will be better! Hang in there.

Will be doing my first 5k 7/21. :)
  • I've just completed my 2nd run of week 8 and I'm acheing to finish C25K.

I find the 1st 10 minutes are kind of dullish, 2nd 10 minutes are hard and the last 8 minutes feel good but I deifinitely enjoy finishing, although I do sometimes sprint the last stretch of my run.

If you know what your pace is jog fm is good for finding music to match it.
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    I'll be starting W3D1 on Tuesday. I go to a personal trainer M-W-F, so I do C25k on T-TH-S. Also, I'm doing the program on a treadmill. I did the program yrs ago outside though. Feel free to add me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Started today. I am so not a runner - but I want to do some of the fun runs - Color Run, Zombie Dash etc. next year that I'm missing out on this year because I don't run.
  • Alexface21
    I successfully did W5D3 today; no stopping. Apart from the hay fever, it felt amazing! I just took it slow to start with and I had plenty of gas left for the whole 20 minutes. Maybe one or two more of those and I'll be ready to tackle Week 6. :D So happy.
  • tauny78
    Did my day 2 of week 6 today...not a great run again. I think I was spoiled running in the shade at the campground. I need to be getting up at sunrise I guess to run before the sun is beating down on me. I think Thursdays run (25 minutes no walking) will have to be on the treadmill at the gym since it's suppose to hit 100 that day. :( I'm not feeling too positive about the 25 minutes. If I can't do it, I'm going to repeat this week. At least today's run was better than Sunday's.
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    OMG!! Week 3 day 1 scared me.. But I just ran for 3 minutes straight! TWICE! I haven't been able to do that since i was 14! Wooooohoooooo!

I just had to share. :)
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Tauny78 - w6d1 was my worst day so far!! I am now on w8d1 and although every run is a struggle, it is getting a little easier! I actually kind of look forward to going now. Ican't even believe I said that since I never ran in my life before starting c25k. Your next run will be better! Hang in there.

Will be doing my first 5k 7/21. :)

Just did w6d1 on Monday and it was horrible! Why?! I guess my body was still in shock from the 20 min run... I felt like I'd gone 3 steps back, but I trust in the programme. Hoping w6d2 is better!
  • ceppie
    I did w1d4 yesterday! :) and it was the first time I managed to run each of the 8 minutes.... I know some of you guys are doing already a lot more, but for me that felt like being set free. not sure what was so different this time, but I was not as wiped out then the days before. I think I will stay in week 1 for another 1-2 runs and then start with week 2.... already scared, but slowly I am convincing myself that I actually could do it.
  • ceppie
    OMG!! Week 3 day 1 scared me.. But I just ran for 3 minutes straight! TWICE! I haven't been able to do that since i was 14! Wooooohoooooo!

I just had to share. :)

That´s so great! Well, done.... Looking forward to get to that point myself.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    I'm on week 4 - day 2 (today) and glancing at week 5 looks kinda scary. I practiced jogging for 20 minutes straight at 4.6mph (I did it) since I see week 5 calls for it. Dang! That really kicked my butt! I was sweating up a storm! The goal is to run it at 6mph? That's crazy! I'm not sure I'm ready for that next week!
  • sarbahanew
    sarbahanew Posts: 11 Member
    this is a great thread with some good information! I am planning to restart the C25K program this week... a few months ago I got to W4 but got caught up with other things and didn't make the time for it. I would love to be a "runner" though so this time I am making that commitment to finish the program!
    I hope to get to a running store this weekend and get fitted for the right shoes!