what workout are you doing?

Options

Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Walk/jogging, biking, and yoga. Occasional hiking.
  • edd43
    edd43 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS with some yoga, swimming, walking mixed in.
  • lucybelly
    lucybelly Posts: 17
    Options
    the 30 day shred and tiffany rothe workouts.:explode:
  • RedRunner82
    Options
    1 day of 40-50 minutes running outside
    1 day of weights at the gym
    1 day of treadmill intervals
    1 day of a circuit training DVD (Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner, Bob Harper)
    1 day of an hour or more running or cardio at the gym
    1 day of yoga every other week or so
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    P90X
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do ZWOWs: youtube.com/zuzkalight Great, short, effective workouts!
  • BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    I do a 20/20/20 clas, 20mins cardio (step) 20 mins strength and conditioning and 20 mins toning and fexability. I also to a conditioning class got 60mins, 20mins arms 20mins abs and 20 mins legs. I try to go to the pool 3 mornings a week but sometimes I dont make it due to work, but I go to the pool with my mom to get her out and doing something. I also walk a lot as i have 3 dogs. And i do go for the odd run but I find I work out better in a group setting.
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    10,000 steps a day challenge (or for me it's more like 12, 000)! It's a lot more difficult than most people realize!
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Pump and Turbofire. Love it!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump, loving these ideas!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    a mix of Killer Buns and Thighs, Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Depends , I get bored easily so I don't have a set schedule. I walk with my friend and our dogs for 90 to 120 minutes briskly a few times a week, other days I run 5 k, some days kettlebells, some days yoga, some days P90x , and maybe a few days of bodyrock.tv in there. Like I said I get bored, which is exactly why I've never been able to stick with programs by JM or P90x the whole way through.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Currently,

Monday: AM C25k run, PM hour of weights
    Tuesday: PM 1/2 mile swim
    Wednesday: AM C25k run, PM hour of weights
    Thursday: rest day
    Friday: AM hour of weights and half hour of biking
    Saturday: C25k run + an extra bit so it's at least 3 miles of running
    Sunday: 1/2 mile swim and at least an hour of biking

butttt I'm in training for a triathlon right now, so it might change up a bit when that's done :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If you have On Demand...they have TONS of awesome work outs for free! ranging from all different time lengths, types, and skill level.
    When I was doing the On Demand work outs I loved the one called.....Cardio Blast...I think that's what it was.

I'm currently doing P90X and about to start Insanity when I finish p90x in about a week and a half!!
  • GISFWCoachChris
    Options
    The rules of my plan:

1. Record everything! I use my iPhone's notes section to record every workout to ensure that I am always adding weight or reps to ensure that I am always progressing.

2. Weight training: I alternate high reps/ moderate resistance workouts with lower reps/ heavy resistance workouts. I tend to do 2-4 exercises for 6 sets each (3 warm-up sets and 3 working sets). I always am sure to include a compound exercise such as (Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, or Press) in each workout and round the rest off with isolation work.

3. Cardio: Depending on how I feel I almost always include high intensity cardio such as jumping rope, plyo jumps, or battling ropes for 10-15 minutes. Then I almost always (70% of the time) finish with 20-35 minutes of moderate cardio on an elliptical, summit trainer, rowing machine, or stepper (I hate running on a treadmill).

That always does it for me in a realistic amount of time and I never, ever get board.
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Crossfit! :)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i set myself up with a modest goal of exercising 3-4 times a week so as to stay motivated and not get frustrated if i can't find the time.

currently i'm enoying jillian michael's no more trouble zones and shed & shred, so i do either one twice a week. i do a 30-40 min tabata round (mix of cardio and strength training) once a week, and try to get a nice long run in on the weekends.

loving all of these other dvd recommendations!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Current regimen: run 3 mornings a week, bike three mornings a week, and spend 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, doing farm work (e.g., building fences, clearing fence lines, building a goat shelter, gardening, etc.). I'm in maintenance mode, and my routine is working out very well for me. So far this summer, I haven't had to worry about what I eat. The scale is being very cooperative.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Insanity all the way!!!! I've done four rounds and now I'm just sticking with the month 2 dvds in no particular order. I used to hate it but I've grown to love it:-)