Am i using the right amount ????

Options
I started on here about a month ago,,, and im not sure if my calorie intake is correct.. I am waitress so I am on my feet quite a bit.. but two days a week i am in school sitting on my butt.. HOW can i loose weight eating 2000 or more calories i changed it up a bit but i still have 1700 and thats with out exersize... any opinions will be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I started on here about a month ago,,, and im not sure if my calorie intake is correct.. I am waitress so I am on my feet quite a bit.. but two days a week i am in school sitting on my butt.. HOW can i loose weight eating 2000 or more calories i changed it up a bit but i still have 1700 and thats with out exersize... any opinions will be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Set your basal metabolic rate for either of the two situations and then account for the difference on the days when you don't do that routine.

For example--set your activity level for active (my guess for waitress?)--then on your days working, you can get in a few more calories to account for the extra work. But on the days you're in class, then just mentally account for those days and plan on eating fewer calories.

Does that sound feasible to anyone else?
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Generally I agree but I would do this the other way round - choose sedentary or lightly active and add some calories as exercise on days when you work. That way you won't have to deduct and just eat like MFP says.
    Not a big difference but may be more comfortable.
    Beware of snacking at work and bringing some food home (if you are allowed)!! I used to be a waitress and I gained a few pounds despite all the walking :embarassed:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's what I did. I had to up my calorie intake because I was hungry all the time. I used to be a waitress, so I KNOW that you have an active level. I think shorerider is on the right track. I would either set your activity level as active or lightly active. If you set it at lightly active, then you can add maybe an hour or two into your exercise log of walking so that you can get a little more calories on the days you work. And on the days you're in school, just eat the calories MFP calculated for you.

Remember, you can't lose weight if you don't eat!!!
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes that sounds feesable, shorerider! spaul, remember that you gotta move, gotta exercise as well. Even if you're on a bike on the very lowest setting (that's what I do). :glasses:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input... I don't eat at work no more because Olga;s is so full of FAT and calories... I eat good foods.. but i was just really suprised to see how many calories a day i get...Ive lost 8 lbs total so far by giving up fast food pop and candy... I am a sucker for chocolate..:P :tongue: