I want to live a long healthy life!

Options
Back in April of this year I was almost 290 pounds and had no energy. I got married in March so my husband says he obviously loves me the way I am, BUT wants me to be happy with ME. We got a membership at our local YMCA and I worked out 3 to 4 days a week and then moved up to 5 or 6 days a week and sometimes twice a day. I watched what I was eating but still ate what I pretty much wanted, I was just careful in the proportions. Long story short, I did that until the end of July when my car broke down a lot and had lost about 20 pounds and a few inches. I thought I could keep doing this on my own and lost track of what ment most to me. . . .my OWN life!
It has now been about 5 months or more since I have even tried to take care of myself like I did then. I still have energy, but not as much as I did when I was working out and have gained about all but 5 pounds back. I cant blame it on anyone else but myself. I sit here with tears running down my cheeks because I have let myself get like this again. I have a 6 year old little boy that loves me more than alllllll of the toys in the world! And he looks at the commercials on TV that says "you are going to die if you are Fat" and he then looks at me and says "Mommy, I dont want you to die, you are fat and you need to get skinny". I am SO careful of the things he puts in his mouth, in fear he will be OBESE like me. My family for the most part has always had weight issues and we EAT for fun.
I sat here tonight and watched "The Biggest Loser" and cried my eyes out, not because I felt bad for myself, but because I am ANGRY I have let myself get to this again. I am now 280 pounds and am afraid for my life in the long run. My husband and I want to have a child and I want to be healthy enough to carry it and be around to see it as well as my son and step children grow to become old gray haired people themselves.
We now have no car because ours is broke down and we are just students so no one will give us a loan to get a new one. I live to far to walk to the YMCA but am longing to be a healthy woman. . .MOTHER and WIFE, sister, daughter and aunt. I know it is possible. If anyone has words of advice that has maybe been through a similar situation, please feel free to reply to this post.

28 year old mother/wife wanting to be healthy!!

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. Losing weight is 80% eating. Exercise is good though. I have never seen the inside of a gym (well I went to curves once). I lost all my weight doing exercise dvd's (Walk Away the Pounds, Taebo, Hip Hop Abs) and walking on the treadmill.

Here's a great link.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41685-how-it-s-done-tips-from-me-to-you
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    don't be sad ... the fact that you are a MFP member tells you that you want to make changes, and that's very important :)

I use the Biggest Loser show as an inspiration. In fact, it is the show which triggered me to begin living a healthy lifestyle.

You have the support of all the members here, you know why? Coz we all share a common goal - to loose weight and life a healthy life.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I think you have the number one thing to help and that is the WANT to change. It is not easy and there are challenges all the way, but you are WORTH IT AND SO IS YOUR FAMILY. I wish you the best on your journey and as you read through here you you will learn so much.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Is there any way that you can walk around your neighborhood to get exercise? That's all I have been doing to lose weight, along with logging my food and exercise here on MFP. I walk or run outside during good weather and run on my treadmill in the winter.

Just take one day at a time, use the food and exercise diaries here on MFP and you will see weight loss.
  • lilmami777
    Options
    Thank you for your words of inspiration ladies!!!! This is my 2nd time on here keeping track since I began in April for the 1st time. I will def be sure to check in here daily. If you have anything on your mind, always feel free to stop by and say something. God bless you all!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    We have a team that is called the No Excuses Team and we are in week 1. Join us if you want! :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou: