Is it just me...?

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i have a mental breakdown when i go shopping because i hate it and i suck at it.
    /nocluehowtodressmyself
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My favourite jeans will be too big and I don't have them in smaller size. Although my mum is a tailor, she told me it's gonna be easier to just buy new jeans. But their lovely red-orange color~! T_T

But I feel ya. When I bought those jeans, I could barely squeeze into them... ._.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I did... which is why I have a chest full of purses lol.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a mental break down when they go clothes shopping and find something super cute and try it on and realize you look like a whale?! Ugh :(

*Raises hand* I do, I do!!! I have found myself crying in the fitting room because I cant get anything to fit or look good. I am also 4'11 and it makes me mad that most places think "petite" means short and thin. Some of us are fat for crying out loud!:sad:

After my breakdown, this motivates me to push even more!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I had that problem last summer, but not anymore! Hooray for MyFitnesssPal!!! The help I found here helped me solve that problem. :smile:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    No its not just you. i do too. especially when I thought I could fit that size. It can be so depressing. but then I remember different brands are cut differently and try to remember my progress despite the number on the tag
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's been the story of my life, which is probably why I despise shopping (for anything but shoes). But there is hope. Last weekend, a friend wanted to check out the Lucky Brand store for t-shirts, so I agreed to go with him. While he was trying stuff on, I looked around thinking I could never fit into anything here. I happened to find a pair on clearance that I thought I'd at least try on, so I gave it a shot. And you know what? It was as if the heavens parted, the angels sang, and a bright ray of light beamed down on me. They fit. WELL. Even the junk in my trunk was comfortable. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME... EVER!! Stores vary, sizes vary, and our bodies are in a constant state of change while we take on this challenge. And sometimes, what looks cute on a hanger looks horrendous on. Just don't lose faith. XOXO
  • BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    and here I thought I was the Lone Ranger. Ha.
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :) I truly appreciate all the sweet things said! I'm soo glad I'm not in this on my own! :)