• carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    However, we are not all NASCAR drivers...lol. :tongue:

Some of us just think we are. :laugh:
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I personally feel that "normal" activities like this should not be logged.

They typically do not burn more calories than you would burn in that same time without driving.

If you are wearing some sort of heart rate monitor during this period, make sure to subtract the amount of calories you would normally burn in this same time, and then you might get a more accurate view of what you burned while driving.

If you are a driver for a living and operate a large truck or other vehicle that requires a lot of physical manipulation to drive, then I would simply bump up my activity level on MFP but still not actually log the calories. Seems like the calories burned would fluctuate with every trip you took.

To me it would be like logging hours for taking a shower, walking to the living room, sitting on the toilet, or talking on the phone. These are normal everyday activities and should not be logged.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This post is about me. If i am going to log every vegetable I eat, event the ones that use up more calories to digest than the are worth, then I am going to list driving as a CALORIES BURNED! Simmer down people. For the record I have already lost 80 pound before I joined here, so I must be doing something right. I joined here to get support because I was losing focus.

I feel judged and hurt by all of your comments, but that is just my reaction to all of your opinions. I am sorry to find out that MFP is not as wonderful or supportive as I thought it was. And I am sorry that you all think I am crazy.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    This post is about me. If i am going to log every vegetable I eat, event the ones that use up more calories to digest than the are worth, then I am going to list driving as a CALORIES BURNED! Simmer down people. For the record I have already lost 80 pound before I joined here, so I must be doing something right. I joined here to get support because I was losing focus.

I feel judged and hurt by all of your comments, but that is just my reaction to all of your opinions. I am sorry to find out that MFP is not as wonderful or supportive as I thought it was. And I am sorry that you all think I am crazy.

Eh... don't worry about the "haters".... Do what works for you... if logging everything is what works for you then by all means keep at it... because at the end of the day the only thing that counts is your health.
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    I saw someone posted they burned so may calories by driving. does this sound crazy to anyone else? if so then I should be logging it because I drive 2 hours a day!

its not that serious.

Agreed... how about you send a message to this person to express your concern instead of making fun of them on the forum? Be a decent human being, please!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh I think this is very sad. We know we get what put into this. Hopefully this person will learn too before they get discouraged and leave. It does sound crazy to me too but mostly it just makes me feel sad for this person.