Cancer Survivor - new goals, new life

Options
Hello all! I am a 34 year old wife and mommy who happens to also be in treatment, but surviving stage 3 breast cancer! I'm here because I gained 35 pounds during treatments and am ready to get it OFF! I've actually been on MFP for 1 week now and have already lost 4 pounds so I am excited to see what else this journey has in store for me.

Replies

• BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Stay healthy!!
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Losing 4lbs in the begining is amazing! Keep pushing! You'll make a lot of encouraging people on MFP!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Great job on your loss...you can do this!!!!! We are all so supportive of each other here :) Your strength in this fight will also be an inspiration to many!! Wishing you all the best!!
  • dlo0518
    dlo0518 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keep up the positive attitude and anything is possible!!
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Congrats on conquering cancer!!!! You're truly a inspiration, good luck with your weight goal!!!! :)
  • bkscott5
    bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP after I finished my chemo & had started to gain back a lot if the weight I had lost during my treatment. My cancer is real rare, it's called osteoblastic osteosarcoma. It's a bone cancer that only about 800 people get each year. It took over 2 years & 10 doctors to figure out what I had. The tumor was in my heal but they ended up taking my leg all the way to just a bit below my knee. Having gone through what we did just eating better even if we don't lose weight will be better for us, but if we can lose weight too all the better! I'm glad you have already had positives with MFP. My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer while I was in treatment so it helped that we could support each other. That is what is so great about MFP, there is a lot of support. Please add me as a friend if you would like my support. Welcome & good luck.
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Glad you're on this journey! If you'd like be MFP friends I'd love it ! I'm on here everyday & love getting support & being supportive!:smile:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Hello all! I am a 34 year old wife and mommy who happens to also be in treatment, but surviving stage 3 breast cancer! I'm here because I gained 35 pounds during treatments and am ready to get it OFF! I've actually been on MFP for 1 week now and have already lost 4 pounds so I am excited to see what else this journey has in store for me.

My wife was diagnosed with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma (breast cancer) at 33 years old. Our youngest had just turned 1 and our twins had just turned 3. I can't say I know what you are going through but I know exactly what your husband is going through. My wife's oncologist said with her patients she could prove there was a 30% lower recurrence rate in a specific group of patients. The only thing those patients did differently (along with the normal treatments) was exercise and eat healthy.......period! So.....exercise and a healthy diet are a no brainer for survivors! Exercise and fitness are now your lifestyle to live a long and happy life with your family:)

PS.........she's now a 4 year survivor and all PET scans and bloodwork are completely normal:) You can do this!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! I too am fighting cancer. In November I found out that I had bladder cancer. After surgery, I am undergoing BCG treatments. I too am working on losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle. Good luck on your future and God bless you.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I found my way here shortly after being diagnosed with uterine sarcoma. The people here are inspiring and supportive. Good luck! :happy:
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am a 17 year, stage 2 Uterine Sarcoma survivor. One of those rare cancers, and even rarer in my case since I was 27 when diagnosed.
    I'm glad you're on this journey!!!!!!
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow gobraves, you're the first person I've ever "met" that has had the same diagnosis!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    wow! Congrats. You are amazing
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    1) WAY TO CANCER IN THE NADS!
    2) Welcome and good luck with your journey