maybe just my scale??

Options
I have a weekly weigh-in scheduled each Friday. I try not to "peek" on the scales til then.

This week, I couldn't help it. I had to know. So I weighed myself Monday. Scale said 185 (YAY!)

Weighed myself Tuesday, scale says 187 (aww ...)

Weighed myself THIS AFTERNOON and back to 185 ... think my scales are messed up, or could I really be fluctuating that awkwardly?

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    yes you can... it can be even crazier than that depending on water retention/sodium concentration, time of day, most recent poop, etc... try to resist peeking. I generally weight once a week or every other week. same day of the week, first thing in the morning
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    gotcha. think morning is the best time to weigh in? I've been told different things by different people, so I'm not too sure.
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It can change. Last time I tried to lose weight I took measurements more often. That way I saw things were still happening when my weight kept changing.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    in my personal and professional opinion yes, it is. I want to know where I'm at before the day plays a toll on things. In the morning before food, stress, etc...your body is at it's purest point in the day
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    In the morning after you go to the bathroom before eating/drinking anything! Limiting it to once a week will help with the drastic changes too. If you are freaked that you gained 2 pounds on a weigh-in then wait a couple days and weigh-in again.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself THIS AFTERNOON and back to 185 ... think my scales are messed up, or could I really be fluctuating that awkwardly?

Totally normal. I weigh myself every day and it can fluctuate a pound or two (even 3) from day to day. Just keep track of your lows and you'll be fine. Don't pay much attention to an increase of a couple pounds unless it sticks there for an entire week.

The only time to accurately weigh is first thing in the morning AFTER you empty your bladder and before you have so much as a sip of water. That gives you the most consistent reading with the least amount of off readings.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    The most accurate time to weight is on the same scales after you have been to the toilet and before you eat and drink. You weight can change daily by 2/3lb . I must admit i do sneeky peak but i only pay attention once a week