My body was perfect before I had a baby.

Options

Replies

• emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    But isn't your life so much more fulfilling?? :-)
    Babies are wonderful!
    Everyone always told me..."Good luck! Nothing will ever be the same after you have a baby!"
    I was more determined that it wouldn't be the same....it would be BETTER!
    I may be 10 lbs heavier than when I got married but i'm 10 lbs lighter than the day I first saw the + sign on the pregnancy test.
    I'm also in better shape in every way! I feel amazing!
    There is hope! Do not compare your body to what you were. Just be the best you that you can be and appreciate your body for the amazing creation it is!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have two kids - they are 2 and 4 years old. I gained 27 pounds with the first and 32 with the second. I have managed to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but what other posters have said is true - your body is never the same as before, and we just have to accept that and work with it. I know that in order to lose the "pouch" I'll have to lower my body weight a bit more, so I am aiming for 130 lbs. (i'm 5'4" for reference). Most posters have already said this, but TIME is a really important factor. Over time, your body will start to get back to normal (or a new "normal"). Stick with the exercise and clean eating and you should see results soon. There is no rush - it's a journey and you can take your time getting there and do it the right way. Good Luck!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    My wife was always in peak condition, and we've been together since we were teens.
    She was always great in a bikini, and I don't just mean inner beauty bologna.
    We married and had 5 kids. After each delivery, she worked her way back to peak condition.
    She did it - No Excuses!
    One suggestion is to just work toward your own personal best, and don't set a standard that compares your results to a body before kids. That might be unrealistic. Things change, but our best is still our best.
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You body could look even better. I had my daughter at 20, I'm 24 now...and I look better than i did before. Remember it took 9 months to put on... it will take at least 9 months to take off!! Add me if you need support!
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i was in the same situation as you, perfect body before the baby, yucky body after the baby.... but now, i'm on my way to getting back to where i was.... but it doesnt happen without a CRAPLOAD of work.... >.> i've been busting my butt. But keep in mind, you are not a celebrity, you dont get to pay thousands of dollars a week for nutritionists and fitness instructors... nor do you get to call nannies and get them to do all the hard work for that cute little baby of yours. give yourself time, but dont lose your hope!!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can get your body back after having a baby, it just might take some time. I'm 34 and my son is just about 21 months old and I was able to lose all of my baby weight by 6-7 months post partum (I gained 36 lbs and 22 lbs came off after the first week). Granted, I worked out 6 days per week while pregnant with modifications toward the end and I only took off 1 week after delivery but it can be done. I also breast fed for 12 months and I know that helped get my abs back, but it also took a lot of hard work and dedication on my part. Being up with my son every few hours and being sleep deprived while pumping breast milk at 3am didn't stop me from going down to the basement at 3:30-4am to do my workouts. Didn't stop me then and hasn't stopped me now.

In fact, I weigh 10 lbs less post baby then I did before I got pregnant and my body actually looks a lot better now than it did before I got pregnant. When I got pregnant, I weighed 132-134. I am currently maintaining my weight at 123-125. So it can be done! Just believe in yourself.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    i hate to say it, but your body will never be exactly the same as before.

Wrong!

I had a baby at 20. I look better now than I did before having my daughter. There is hope!

I also look better now at 32 than I did before having children. I have two. However I never got that big while pg. The most I gained while pg was 40lbs.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Wrong!

I had a baby at 20. I look better now than I did before having my daughter. There is hope!

not, Wrong! Every woman's body is different. Consider yourself lucky. I have 3 kids, body will never ever be the same. Body wasn't the same after the first.

to OP, time will only tell. Take care of yourself & that little one! Most importantly, love yourself. That's what I am trying to do.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck!
    Well, possibly. How long ago did you have your baby?
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Wrong!

But I bet you still have some stretchmarks! That's what I was talking about. Sure, she can lose the extra weight, but her skin will never be the same after being stretched during her pregnancy.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, my dear. After my first daughter, I was well on my way to being right back to thin and hot but I got pregnant again just 9 months after having her. My second pregancy was just a wrecking ball on my body and now I'm working on losing the weight AGAIN and toning up AGAIN. I actually told my husband that there would be no more children just because of what it did to my body. Hope he doesn't want anymore.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    First off...chin up, buttercup! It takes a while, but yes it can be done.

Secondly, I wanted to respond to this because some of those amazing moms previously mentioned are on my friends list and I wanted them to see this so they can share their success stories.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So, will you look great again? With some work, yes! I have had 3 kids. All weighed in at 9 lb 12 oz, 10 lb 1 oz, and 9 lb 12 oz. My stomach is so stretched out that not much can be done for it. On top of it, I have diastasis recti, where the stomach muscles did not come back together after the kids were born.

I was a size 14 for a long time. I breastfed all 3 kids. 18 months for the first, 12 months for the middle (I got preggo with my last and lost my milk), and 18 months with my last. I had tons extra milk with my first and ended up donating 760 oz of frozen pumped milk to the Milk Bank at Christiana Hospital for the preemies and "failure to thrive kids". With my middle one, I kept using the milk I froze in the deep freezer once I lost my milk. With the last, I stopped pumping at 12 months and she had pumped milk until 15 months.

After the first, I was able to get down to size 10, but that was with pumping extra 10 oz a day to freeze on top of what he was nursing. The timing btw 2nd and 3rd was 17 months, so no time for my body to bounce back. I looked 5 months pregnant long after my 3rd was born. She is now 2.5.

I took control of myself last september and with watching my calories and exercising, I dropped from size 14 then to size 8 now. I am not done yet. However, my stomach looks like the skin of an old woman. It's thin, stretched, and hangs there all wrinkly. My mother is after me to get the diastasis corrected and the skin tucked. I will never be in a bikini otherwise, no matter how much weight I lose. I might do it. Just not yet. I want to be done and maintain my weight for a while.

So, will you look like you did before? Nope. Will you look great? Absolutely. Baby steps!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    <
    This is me taken a few months ago. I'm 40 and have had two kids. It can be done, most definitely. My stomach looked like a train wreck especially after the second pregnancy, lol. i never thought I'd have a flat stomach again. I lost the weight fairly easily but the stomach stayed. It took me a solid year of effort to get to the point I'm at in the profile photo. I'm telling you, if I can do at 40, anyone can do it. People tell me I look better now than I did prior to having kids. Good luck and enjoy your beautiful baby. :smile:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant I was 120 lbs. I am 5'10" so i was a size zero forever.I worked at Hooters and was doing alot of modeling on the side. I got pregnant and almost got up to 200 lbs. I had a baby girl that was 9lbs 12oz. My stomach was ALWAYS flat. Now I am wearing my husbands clothes because nothing of mine fits (not even shirts, or shoes) My stomach is so stretched out the skin is just saggy and stretch marks everywhere. I just want to know how long it takes for your body to recover after having a baby? Is there any hope for me to get into at least a size 5? I NEED HELP

Welcome! Your stomach IS NOT the ONLY part of your Body that is Stretched out, for good, or maybe bad...anyway. Didn't you understand the "having a Baby thing...having a Family thing" YES, It IS WORTH ALL OF THE WORK YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT IN EACH TIME YOU HAVE A BABY!!! You will be alright whether size 0, 5 or 8. Just don't forget to STOP gaining, especially if you have "Stair Steps." And take some "ME" time to make the changes needed; try not to feel guilty.

OHHHH, you might want to start working on that OTHER Body Part that was Stretched, Quietly your Husband is saying YES, for that!!!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    First of all - you are beautiful at any weight. So be kind to body. It grew and birthed a baby and that's pretty awesome. I'm a doula - I've seen a lot of women make the journey into motherhood (and have done the work a couple of times myself) and we all rock pregnancy and childbirth uniquely...and uniquely for each pregnancy for that matter.

Realistically you may not ever look the way you did prior to having a baby. Some women surely can and maybe you are one of them. If you are anything like me the weight can come off, the abs can come through...but the stretchmarks are there to stay. After having my first I was horrified and thought I'd surely have corrective surgery but after having my second and growing two healthy boys I've come to fnd I'm a little more accepting of my imperfections. I lost the weight after the first within a year (9 months to put it on and 9 months to take it off!) and have almost lost the weight after having the second :) What ever you decide to do: be healthy.Mentally and physically. And if acceptance isn't easy for you -- that's okay too. Sometimes *that* takes time as well. Even if you make changes to your body appreciate the capacity for it to have grown a healthy child.

xoxo

Visit: http://theshapeofamother.com/
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My body is better now than it was before I had babies (and I'm 32 and have had 3). But I also got very lucky and don't have stretch marks on my stomach and have very minimal extra skin.

Having babies IS rough on the body AND the mind. Make sure you are being check for postpartum depression and get treated for it if you are suffering. I know I had a minor case and I turned a lot of the negativity toward my body. It's hard but give yourself a full year to recover. Eat sensibly at a moderate calorie deficit. Exercise. Lift weights. Try to get a more positive sense of self-worth that doesn't depend so heavily on your appearance. You are a wife and a mother now. Surely your appearance isn't the best thing you have going for you. If you do have a lot of skin it might not go away with time but I bet most of it will. The stretch marks will fade and they don't need to be hated / feared / or hidden. Birthing a life is worth a little bit of scarring. Be patient. Give yourself some time. You can do this.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can. Your body may have a different shape, but it can be better. I am in better shape now than I was before. I have always been slim and really, REALLY struggled to lose my baby weight. Finally, when my daughter turned 1, I decided enough was enough and worked really, really hard. 8 Months later I surpassed my goal and now weigh 3 kgs less than my pre-preggy weight. It is possible. Just work hard and stay positive :smile:
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I lost all my baby weight twice now. I however only gained 28 with my first and 22 with my second and since I was so low on the gain, I only had a couple of stretch marks in my boobs, nothing else. I went from an A to a D tho with my first. Went from an AA to a B with my second so no added marks on the second baby. I lost alot of muscle with my second baby tho. You can get back it just takes a while. I am 8 months post partum and I am finally below my pre prego weight, was at 5 months post partum however, I am missing alot of muscle and trying to tone in some areas. If you plan on having any other kids I would recommend staying active and eating as healthy as you can when you are pregnant. Alot of women gain alot of weight and it takes much longer and does more harm to your body in the way of stretch marks. Sometimes they fade over time btw. Mine on my chest you can’t really see anymore. Not for all but for alot. Just so you are aware at 5’10 your ideal weight should be anywhere around the following. Small frame (132-145) Medium frame (142-155) Large Frame (149-170) When you become pregnant and are under weight your body kicks it into high gear to get you at the proper levels that are healthy to have a baby. Meaning you were really low so your body kicked you up high. Just like you see some larger women not gaining so much, sometimes nothing at all, you see really skinny girls gaining a truckload especially if they are not careful. For a size 5 you probably will be around 135 I am guessing which is still on the low end for your height but completely obtainable! Where are you at right now?
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request and message!!