Couch 2 5k

Options
Is anyone out there doing this? I am in week 2 (in addition to the boot camp that I go to) and am really enjoying it! So far it has not been so bad, but I am getting more and more nervous about the longer runs that are coming in the near future. I have never even tried to run for 20 or 30 minutes straight and I'm nervous about how that will go.

Let me know what y'all think and if you've done this before!

Replies

• jcrowe1
    jcrowe1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, I've also noticed that if I do 40 minutes on the stationary bike before the my run I do 10X better than going at it cold.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a good C25K app for my phone. I have an Android - Tmobile MyTouch 4G by HTC. Any good ones?
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am on W2D3 and I am actually anxious to advance. I have made one of my goals for this year to be to run a 5K.. I don't know if it is realistic or not, but I am giving myself a reason to run.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I did it last year and am redoing it after a break from running! I like the program a lot as it builds on the previous weeks without over tiring me out! Good luck!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 8 weeks and now am focusing on gradually increasing my speed and time. It's a great program, I never thought I'd be able to run 2 miles let alone 1/4 mile so I am very pleased. Just take your time and don't rush it and you'll do great!
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 day 3. I am going home very soon to do a 20 minute run with no walks. A little scared. But i too do bootcamp twice a week. Couch 2 5k 3 days a week. I have been doing the boot camp for 4 weeks now and so far have lost 3 pounds and 4 inches around my waist. I havent' done the other measurements yet, we will do those tomorrow on the last day of boot camp. I am looking forward to finding out my total inches lost. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Today will be week 1 day 2 for me. The first day went great, I am hoping the heat doesn't make it HORRIBLE today. All in all, I felt like a million bucks Monday after I finished!
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 9 and I was really worried about the long runs too. No need to worry. You CAN do it.
    I would advise you to actually go out and run instead of doing the whole thing on a treadmill. It can be done both ways, but the treadmill didn't quite give me enough prep to do the same run outside.
    I'm using an app on my android phone called rundouble. I think the first few weeks are free then you have to pay something like $2 for the full version.
    It's absolutely realistic to set a goal of running a 5K this year shelbynicole... the C25K program is only 9 weeks!!! You can do it!!
    Good luck to all of you!!
  • ksb0702
    ksb0702 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am doing this. Currently re-doing week 3. It is where I am stuck and I figured I'd try to do it again instead of giving up or moving on. :smile:
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Just done week 3 day 1. Was expecting to stop half way through but I just kept going! I love this programme xx
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a good C25K app for my phone. I have an Android - Tmobile MyTouch 4G by HTC. Any good ones?

I have a droid and the C25K app I use is C25Klite as well as RunDouble, but that one after 2 weeks you have to pay for but I did because it's awesome. Only app I've ever paid for too.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am on W3D3 and am up to 3 minute runs. It is a good, gradual increase, so don't be worried about the longer runs. I have done 'learn to run' programs before and you just take one day at a time. The nice thing about this app, is that if you aren't ready to advance to the next week, you can repeat it until you are. Even though your mind might think it can't be done, your body will likely disagree. Have fun!
  • shelbynicole32
    Options
    It's absolutely realistic to set a goal of running a 5K this year shelbynicole... the C25K program is only 9 weeks!!! You can do it!!

Great, I was hoping it was realistic because I am hoping that I can do it in October which is when they start. I am so excited XOXOXO!
  • hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks! Good to know.
  • hoodlette
    Options
    It is really hard to think of being able run the 3 miles in a little over 2 months! I'm shooting for a 5k in Dallas in September! I'm hoping that will give me time to complete the program and possibly even work on my time before I try it! Good luck!
  • hoodlette
    Options
    Today will be week 1 day 2 for me. The first day went great, I am hoping the heat doesn't make it HORRIBLE today. All in all, I felt like a million bucks Monday after I finished!

It does feel really awesome after the run! The heat is tough (especially here in East Texas) but if we can run in this heat then we can definitely run in better weather!
  • hoodlette
    Options
    I'm just starting week 9 and I was really worried about the long runs too. No need to worry. You CAN do it.
    I would advise you to actually go out and run instead of doing the whole thing on a treadmill. It can be done both ways, but the treadmill didn't quite give me enough prep to do the same run outside.
    I'm using an app on my android phone called rundouble. I think the first few weeks are free then you have to pay something like $2 for the full version.

Thanks for the encouragement! I live in a neighborhood where it is easy to run so I have been running outside. I can definitely see how it would be different than running on a treadmill. There is a stinkin' hill in my running path that I curse every time I come to it!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I am on W2D3 and I am actually anxious to advance. I have made one of my goals for this year to be to run a 5K.. I don't know if it is realistic or not, but I am giving myself a reason to run.

I was actually on week 7 and I did my first 5k! So most definitely doable!
  • shelbynicole32
    Options

I was actually on week 7 and I did my first 5k! So most definitely doable!

Good to know-that makes me excited! Thanks!
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options

I agree with switching to outside, its a lot harder to do it outdoors because you really have to push your own body weight and maintain a pace thats good for you instead of relying on the treadmill. Im on week 2, and have already completed 3 days this week, but want to stay here for a few more days as I get really tired because I still have a lot of weight to lose. I actually did a week 1 workout today because I wanted to do it outside on the track and had to do the last jog by walking