Replies

• BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have 6 kids. I gained 50-60lbs with each child and lost the weight easily with the first 5. The 6th (my only daughter), I had to work to get the weight off. I have loose skin and stretch marks too. My last four children were 9+lbs each. I did not get any stretch marks with my first 3 children, but child 4 gave them to me....and with each one they got worse. I breastfed all 6 kids and I do believe that helped me to lose the weight as well with the first 5 kids.

8 months pregnant with 6th child.
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Picture of me after 6th child. She was a year old. I normally have lost the baby weight, but at 40, the weight did not come off like it did the 5 previous times.
    Summer2010-3-2.jpg

I have lost all the weight. You can tell my tummy skin is loose and I have stretch marks....but I still wear a bikini.
    June4Front.jpg

Back
    June4Back.jpg

Side...I have a flat tummy, but the skin makes it stick out a little.
    June4Side.jpg

My body is not the pre-baby body that I had, but it is close. I have learned to accept the marks on my tummy because I would not change a thing about how many children I have. Now, I do not like the marks...but they are there. And for anyone that wonders, I did get the boobs fixed 7 months ago...but I will leave the tummy as is.

I believe that moms can get a beautiful body back if we truly want it. It may be hard and discouraging at times, but it is important to stay on track for ourselves and so we are good examples of health for our children too. And my husband does not mind it so much either!!! :tongue:
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!...... I"m just about to have my 4th baby and have been pretty fit most of my life...but I am ready to really hit after after my last baby...i have my routine but i'm curious what your routine is? Love to know!!

I am 42 and have 6 kids. I gained 50-60lbs with each child and lost the weight easily with the first 5. The 6th (my only daughter), I had to work to get the weight off. I have loose skin and stretch marks too. My last four children were 9+lbs each. I did not get any stretch marks with my first 3 children, but child 4 gave them to me....and with each one they got worse. I breastfed all 6 kids and I do believe that helped me to lose the weight as well with the first 5 kids.

8 months pregnant with 6th child.
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Picture of me after 6th child. She was a year old. I normally have lost the baby weight, but at 40, the weight did not come off like it did the 5 previous times.
    Summer2010-3-2.jpg

I have lost all the weight. You can tell my tummy skin is loose and I have stretch marks....but I still wear a bikini.
    June4Front.jpg

Back
    June4Back.jpg

Side...I have a flat tummy, but the skin makes it stick out a little.
    June4Side.jpg

My body is not the pre-baby body that I had, but it is close. I have learned to accept the marks on my tummy because I would not change a thing about how many children I have. Now, I do not like the marks...but they are there. And for anyone that wonders, I did get the boobs fixed 7 months ago...but I will leave the tummy as is.

I believe that moms can get a beautiful body back if we truly want it. It may be hard and discouraging at times, but it is important to stay on track for ourselves and so we are good examples of health for our children too. And my husband does not mind it so much either!!! :tongue:
    [/quote]
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW you all look so amazing i am so happy you posted these pics thank you so much for that. Now that i have seen this i know it is possible to lose that baby weight even if it takes a couple of years it is possible so many people have said you cant lose it but its clear you can, I cant wait until its my turn to show you my before and after photos :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Gained 100lbs during my pregnancy (I'm 5'11). These pictures are from 5 weeks post partum and exactly 6 months later....

2hx0uoh.jpg

I got pregnant the day I stepped on the scale at my prepregnacy weight. Here's a picture after I had THAT one...

necm8i.jpg

The best advice I can give is to keep your eye on the prize. Trust me, at month 4 after 4 MONTHS of total dedication and sweat, I still looked in the mirror and was fat. I still wasn't at my goal. It's frustrating but you can't give up.
  • mamazeee
    mamazeee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Here is mine!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I hope this works.....
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    probably close to 200 @ only 5' 2"

195.jpg

Currently

2012-04-16215640.jpg

I only have one child!! Hoping to try for another soon since my baby boy is now past 2 and potty training.
  • amurdaugh2010
    Options
    bumping this so i can post my hott momma picture!!!!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gained 100lbs during my pregnancy (I'm 5'11). These pictures are from 5 weeks post partum and exactly 6 months later....

The best advice I can give is to keep your eye on the prize. Trust me, at month 4 after 4 MONTHS of total dedication and sweat, I still looked in the mirror and was fat. I still wasn't at my goal. It's frustrating but you can't give up.

Amazing work! What is your diet and exercise plan? ! Also, if you don't mind me asking - did you have any lipo or other treatments done (sorry I know it's personal!)
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy..

Before:

download-1.jpg

After:

68237_469294344734_3636014_n.jpg
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is my first baby: gave birth 9/24/11. I was 164 when I got weighed at 7 weeks, 173 at 38 weeks, when I had the baby.

I lost all of my baby weight and then some the week I had my baby. But I think that's from being so sick during my pregnancy. I lost 15 pounds before I gained anything.

I'm currently at 144 pounds and I'm 5'9".

306017_2424845465636_7536949_n.jpg

At my wedding, 7 months after giving birth: 4/24/11

562501_549705918536_1944390373_n.jpg

this past Mother's Day;

579762_548175984536_556786279_n.jpg
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is my first baby: gave birth 9/24/11. I was 164 when I got weighed at 7 weeks, 173 at 38 weeks, when I had the baby.

I lost all of my baby weight and then some the week I had my baby. But I think that's from being so sick during my pregnancy. I lost 15 pounds before I gained anything.

I'm currently at 144 pounds and I'm 5'9".

306017_2424845465636_7536949_n.jpg

At my wedding, 7 months after giving birth: 4/24/11

562501_549705918536_1944390373_n.jpg

this past Mother's Day;

579762_548175984536_556786279_n.jpg
    You look great! And we have the same anniversary!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Amazing work! What is your diet and exercise plan? ! Also, if you don't mind me asking - did you have any lipo or other treatments done (sorry I know it's personal!)

First, no lipo.

My diet was a strict, strict, strict low carb -- probably around 30g/day. To lose the weight, I worked out 4 days a week. One day was strictly cardio and the other 3 were 20 minutes of HIIT and weights. The workouts were very doable and were done completely on my lunch break. The diet was the hard part. Low carb works for me. As far as "gaining it all back," my kids are 2 and 4 (16 months apart) and sure, I fluctuate with 10lbs here and there -- I'm 5'11 -- but that's it.
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    You are all such an inspiration! Thanks for posting your pics for all to see. You all look amazing. This will be me posting my pistures one day I know it!
  • dfp30
    dfp30 Posts: 5
    Options
    I hope I can add to this, I have a round middle part from having two kids, dosnt shift at all. I am fed up with it but have taken pics and hope to do a journey of pics like others here. Add me if any one wants I dont really have fiends here and need motivations.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to look like all of you wonderful women. I gained 100 lbs with my pregnancy and started at 220 I am now 209 And working on it. I had a botched c section and i was cut from hip to hip so i know i will always have a hang over belly but i want to getdown to 150
  • mtgordon1908
    mtgordon1908 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump going to need this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!