bigest loser protein powder

Options
Has anyone tried this stuff? Is it supposed to supress your appetite and be used as a snack? Im interested but dont want to consume extra calories that will just up my weight.

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I was interested in a protein powder to add to my breakfast or post-workout smoothies.

I saw the Biggest Loser powder & compared it to several others. Suffice it to say, I went with another brand. The Biggest Loswer powder had too many unnecessary (and IMO bad) ingredients. Plus it had more calories than the other whey protein powders in relation to the amount of protein in a serving (read your nutrition labels carefully :wink:).

I got the whey protein powder with the least amount of extra and/or artificial ingredients & it really helps me stay full longer & have more energy after a strenuous workout.
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can recommend a great whey protein powder.
    Pro Nos- Double chocolate fudge.

I take one scoop of that (145 cals)
    Mix it with 1 cup skim milk
    1 frozen bananas
    4-6 ice cubes.

Sometimes I add peanut butter (2 tablespoons)

For an added treat.

:heart: it!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I was interested in a protein powder to add to my breakfast or post-workout smoothies.

I saw the Biggest Loser powder & compared it to several others. Suffice it to say, I went with another brand. The Biggest Loswer powder had too many unnecessary (and IMO bad) ingredients. Plus it had more calories than the other whey protein powders in relation to the amount of protein in a serving (read your nutrition labels carefully :wink:).

I got the whey protein powder with the least amount of extra and/or artificial ingredients & it really helps me stay full longer & have more energy after a strenuous workout.

What brand did you go with?
  • jenners22
    Options
    I do use the protein. I don't like the taste,but it keeps me from being very sore the day following my workout. It's only like 40 calories (I think) per scoop.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

What brand did you go with?

I got "Naturally Preferred." My selection was limited because I was at a chain grocery store so you may be able to find a better brand. I have the vanilla flavor and it's fine in my smoothies. It has Stevia in it, though, which gives it a slightly "off" taste if you're not used to it.
    It has 80 calories and 18 grams of protein in a 21.5g scoop (provided in the container). I use half a scoop in smoothies (I weigh out 10 grams) so that adds 9 grams of protein, 40 calories and 1 gram of fat. Like I said, it was the best option available to me once I compared the nutrition information of all the whey protein powders gram for gram at that particular store (Kroger). :wink: