Ladies...tell me about your wardrobe????

Options
What is your style? Do you prefer slacks or dresses? Skirts or shorts? How many pairs of jeans do you own? Neutrals or brights? What fashion icon/celbrity would you say most closely mirrors your style (if any). Do you have any fave designers? If you're here to lose weight..what article of clothing (if you're not already wearing it), do you fantasize about wearing when you reach goal?

I'll go.

My style is classic/pinup/sexy/fitted

I prefer dresses over slacks. I pretty much only wear pants when I'm working out or working (scrubs at work)

I do not own a pair of jeans, although I do have 2 denim skirts.

Katy Perry/Dita Von Teese would most closely resemble my style...a little less flamboyant..think retro 50's pin up done classy.

My fave designers? Hahah..my friend Kimara? Myself?...I love to buy retro patterns on ebay..then have them sewn them with my own alterations/fit. I can't afford to do this much..but it kicks *kitten* on any ready to wear stuff. I do like MIchael Kors however.

I pretty much wear what I want...but when I reach goal my dresses will go slightly above the knee..right now they are at the knee or longer.

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have everything lol. I wear skirts/pant suits for work, jeans and cute tops for going out, jeans and t-shirts for the barn, and cotton shorts and t-shirts for around the house. I've got everything from a neon pink running shirt to a black pant suit.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love when pants season is over. I wear skorts from April 15 to October 15 - the kind with the skirt all the way arund, not just the front. And my wardrobe contains lots of purple even though red is my best color.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have worn dresses every day for probably 2-3 years now. I have a pair of shorts that I've worn once or twice. In winter, I wear tights and a cardigan with my dresses - in the summer, I just dont wear the cardigan or tights. Dont need two wardrobes.

I prefer neutral or muted colors - I have a few "bright" colors, but even those are just saturated pastels.

I prefer classic shapes - I'm hourglass and short waisted so dresses with a defined waist but NOT a big waistband look best on me. Think things that look like a flat hourglass.

I hate jeans and pants. They're unflattering because I'm not skinny, short and curvy. Jeans feel very restrictive and uncomfortable on me. I like to be able to move around a lot/cross my legs, lie down easily in whatever I'm wearing.

I buy the majority of my clothes online at ASOS, or at H&M. I have a few things from Forever21 but they don't fit me exactly right and feel pretty cheap. I have a couple dresses from Topshop, and they're good quality but it's expensive so I dont shop there very often.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Right now..all I wear is workout clothes...every single day! lol But I'm into all types of styles & usually wear whatever I want...

For the summer when I actually have something to do I wear lots of dresses, skirts, skinny jeans, shorts, stylish blouses, flats, flip flops, sandals, heels...I love dressing up! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Love this!!

What is your style? Do you prefer slacks or dresses? Skirts or shorts? How many pairs of jeans do you own? Neutrals or brights? What fashion icon/celbrity would you say most closely mirrors your style (if any). Do you have any fave designers? If you're here to lose weight..what article of clothing (if you're not already wearing it), do you fantasize about wearing when you reach goal?

My style is mostly preppy with a little bit of bohemian thrown in. I love collared shirts and skinny jeans and tall boots - that is my main uniform during the cold months. In the summer, I love printed tank tops with shorts, or sundresses. The bohemian comes in with the print choices of some of my clothing.

I prefer jeans mostly, but I wear a dress about once a week. Wearing one today!

Pairs of jeans - I own probably six, and I wear two of them on a regular basis.

I love neutral colors, but with a kick of color thrown in somewhere.

I don't really have any favorite stores/designers. I get the majority of my clothes from Target, Kohls, JcPenney, American Eagle and Old Navy, and I steal my sister's Forever 21 clothes when I can!

If I could wear anything, it would be a bikini...a girl can dream!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    For work - pencil skirts, heels, tight blouse/shirt.

Off work - short shorts, tank tops, dresses, skinny jeans, heels, yoga pants.

I like all my clothes to be form fitting. I'm almost always wearing heels.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm a jeans *kitten*! 150+ pairs. I also love mini skirts.
    My typical outfit, aside from work, is jeans or a mini skirt with a cute top (Black tops are my favorite, but my tops are in every color), with a pair of chucks. I have an obsession with denim and chuck taylors.
  • meliaah
    meliaah Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm obsessed with neutrals; black/grey/beige/cream/white/etc. Black skinny-fit slacks are a must, I love a pair that are of heavier material & structured, that hit right above the ankle, especially to wear with flats or a nice heel. I accessorize with pops of color, or jewelry. I love the look of black & gold, cream & gold, combinations of that kind. I tend to go for skinny bottoms and more billowy tops (possibly to hide my stomach, hopefully that'll change soon!)

Pencil skirts and flowy circle skirts are my go-to (think high rise miniskirt that starts at the waist and flows out- very flattering!) I own about 6 pairs of jeans: 3 pairs of skinny, 1 trouser, 2 bootcut.

I LOVE michael kors- very simple & sophisticated. I have one too many pairs of his shoes (not that having too many pairs of shoes is possible...)

I need to be in a bathingsuit in three weeks for vacation!! Working extremely hard for that.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I try to wear cute tops when I can. Every now and then I'll wear a summer dress. I wear a lot more dresses since losing weight and have bought some shorts and skirts this year. But I'm pretty much a casual wear kind of girl. I have been trying to dress up more lately, but I always seem to fail at it (meaning I don't have a top I thought I had-or the top doesn't look as cute with whatever bottom I match it up with). And because of knee and ankle problems, don't wear heels very often, so it's usually a cute pair of flat/sandals for me. My biggest accessory is my purse! I try to buy colored bags. My jewelry is always the same: special pair of earrings my parents bought me, bracelet and necklace my boyfriend bought me, my running watch or casual wear watch, and my college class ring.

I, too, wear scrubs to work.

And of course: lots of sports bras, running capris, and tee or tanks to workout in!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Tshirts and jeans
    Yoga pants and tanks. Most of them with football or nerdy stuff on them.

One dress.

The end.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    The style I love and the style I wear don't always converge.

I love bright, fitted, shiny, flamboyant, high heels, miniskirts, sparkles, red lipstick and winged eyeliner... Think Fran Drescher on the Nanny, or Chloe on Don't Trust the B in Apt 23. Maybe a bit Katy Perry. But I mostly wear jeans or shorts and tees. Right now, I'm wearing denim shorts, Keds and a Chococat shirt.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am def a jeans girl. Wear very few shorts bc I've been told my legs are chubby. I wear alot of different t-shirts but none are dressy.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have a TON of clothes. I have my "professional" clothes dress pants, business/dressy type tops,dresses. I have jeans, denim capri and shorts, yoga pants, sweats, athletic shorts, leggings, t-shirts, tanks, hoodies, sun dresses. I have plain shirts, shirts with graphics on them, printed shirts etc. I notice the majority of my wardrobe was black,grey,brown,beige but I have been branching out lately and buying different colors.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i have far too many clothes.. in fact i have two wardrobes.. :)

i own 8 pairs of jeans.. although prefer skirts and dresses. i prefer a more pretty, girly style.
    LOVE florals
    LOVE dresses and tops fitted at the waist :)
    LOVE blazers and jackets
    i also only have two pairs of flat shoes, trainers and gladiator sandals..
    EVERYTHING else must be heels :D
    i'm very Kate Middleton...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am the DRESSES and SKIRTS queen LOL.

I have a very large and round protuberant bum so pants look obscene on me. Really, it's just ridiculous. In skirts or dresses I look nice and elegant, and the size and shape of my rear is not so shocking or apparent. I do own a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of workout pants that I wear to the gym, but any other pants I own have long been cut up and turned into skirts.

Maybe when I get to my goal weight I'll return to wearing pants, but for now skirts is the way to go.

as far as shoes go, I only wear flat shoes. I simply cannot wear heels. I can't balance in them and they hurt my feet.

oh yah! Up until recently I only wore solid colors. Prints began to hurt my head after a severe head injury many years ago so I stopped wearing them for the longest time.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    i am a workout clothes hound. i own 63 yes 63 soon to be 65 matching outfits for working out from lululemon. i simply love their clothing and wear it constantly. im in the gym from 7 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. then i go home for a little bit. and change into another lulu. i even wear it with jeans out on the town. love the stuff and wont wear anything else!!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My style is COMFORTABLE. Jeans and a cami. Sweats and a cami. Workout shorts, sports bra and running shoes.
    I own 2 skirts and I think 3 or 4 dresses. I rarely wear them. I'd rather be sexy-casual or sexy-sporty than dressy.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Basically Lululemon and American Apparel.

I used to have a lot of designer duds before my roommate on 2 separate occasions stole half my wardrobe.

I have one pair of jeans but getting that fixed. And a lot of solid Forever 21 stuff. haha
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love dresses.............vintage pieces as well as sparkly tops
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Ribbed fitted tanktops or camisoles under everything. Dark jeggings. Short, strappy dresses, sandals and my favorite mid-calf brown fake leather boots. Lots of cardigans and V-necks. Yoga shorts. LEGGINGS AS PANTS 4 ALWAYS, as long as your shirt reaches your butt. Army green military-looking jacket. Not a lot of pink or red. Lots of turquoise and black. I'm not sure how to describe what I wear! LOL

I also wear a ton of waist-belts with my dresses and long shirts.