My knee often hurts after a big workout.Should I be worried?

Options
I run a mile, a mile and a half about 3-4 times a week. I've been doing it for about a month now. What happens is that if im sitting for a while, and stand up, my knee gives out, but then after a couple of times of stepping on it it would start feeling normal again. So my question is, what do you think is wrong with my knee, and should I be worried?

Also, almost all the joints on my legs pop when I do yoga, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Replies

• holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    make sure you are stretching all of your leg muscles when they are warmed up and not cold. the key one to stretch that you might be having issues with is your IT band. It runs the outside of your leg and would feel like you are having knee pain or hip pain. There are many good stretches online that will show you how to stretch it properly and help prevent injury.
    Just look up IT Band stretching. Also make sure to stretch the hip flexors, ankles, calfs, quads, hams, (gosh I do so many stretches that I know I am forgetting to name specific muscles)...and I just finished a 5k an hour ago!
  • elenaviolet
    elenaviolet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thank you so much! i will look up all the stretches right now. and wow! awesome job!!