New here

Options
First let me say this site is a godsend. Secondly, I've been reading some of the introductory posts and it seems most of you are younger than me, but when it comes to your health it doesn't matter. I'm 65 years old and up until last week I didn't care what I ate. My attitude was 'I'm getting old and I am going to enjoy myself.' My downfall actually began three years ago when I stopped smoking. I guess you could say I switched my addiction to food. In three years I put on 60 pounds. Tried WW a few months ago, but it wasn't for me.

Last week I injured my back and ended up in the emergency room. Everything happens for a reason because while there it turned out my blood pressure was dangerously high. 183 over 90. Eating whatever I want is no longer an option if I want to live. And this site is perfect because it allows me to monitor myself.

Replies

• Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome. I just joined a few days ago too. I found this site by searching because I'm tired of being heavy. My clothes doesn't fit, I feel bloated all the time. Oh well...the list goes on. Good luck on your journey. I'm hoping I'll see results by the end of next month.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. i am not of the younger group either ... i turned 50 this year. My blood pressure was out of control also before I started here. Lots of encouragement, hard work and starting over ..... every day is a new day ..... has help me come so far! Would love to add encouragement to your journey. Add me if you would like. Good luck!
  • heyrubycat
    Options
    You go girl! You're never too old to love yourself :)