Anyone near the MD/VA/DC Metro area?

Options
I'm looking into sharing and possibly getting together for a few marathons or any other fitness activities in the near future (around summer time, most likely).

If you're up for it, just let me know! Feel free to add me, too!

Good luck to everyone on their journies! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You know I'm down girl. I have been intending on doing my first 5K this year. I'm also looking forward to doing some team sports at some point (football, basketball, kickball, etc).

Let me know how you want to do this...we can exchange emails/numbers etc if MFP isn't condusive to planning things out. I need to at least start with the 5K part...
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! Just added you!!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Niceeeee on the basketball, volleyball, etc. parts! I haven't played a legit pick up game in quite a while because everyone around here where I moved up to (Frederick) doesn't know how to or they suck :grumble: ... I was as nice as I can be with that last part lol

I'm doing my first 5K this Sunday, but it's technically a 5K Walk/Run event for charity so I'm thinking it's going to turn into more of a social and not a fitness event. I'm down to do another 5K some time this year and actually put all of my effort into it!

We can definitely exchange emails and numbers since I answer both pretty often. Haven't thought of definite dates and such yet but if anyone has suggestions, just let me know! :drinker:
  • DaBossLady24
    Options
    I'm up for it! Just added you!!

Saweeettttt! About to accept it now :bigsmile:
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Possibly one day, I am ALWAYS in DC/MD as my family is largely from that area and my mom still live in DC. So I'm usually making that drive 2 times a month.
  • DaBossLady24
    Options
    Possibly one day, I am ALWAYS in DC/MD as my family is largely from that area and my mom still live in DC. So I'm usually making that drive 2 times a month.

sounds like a plan then! :happy:
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Me! I live in Laurel, MD and work in Georgetown! I'm doing to DC Color Run on September 22nd!!! (And a few random ones in between!)
  • DaBossLady24
    Options
    I may have to join in on that DC Color Run with you, ashlielinn. It'll be my birthday present to myself!
  • alexiaans
    Options
    Niceeeee on the basketball, volleyball, etc. parts! I haven't played a legit pick up game in quite a while because everyone around here where I moved up to (Frederick) doesn't know how to or they suck :grumble: ... I was as nice as I can be with that last part lol

I'm doing my first 5K this Sunday, but it's technically a 5K Walk/Run event for charity so I'm thinking it's going to turn into more of a social and not a fitness event. I'm down to do another 5K some time this year and actually put all of my effort into it!

We can definitely exchange emails and numbers since I answer both pretty often. Haven't thought of definite dates and such yet but if anyone has suggestions, just let me know! :drinker:

Well...AHEM, I SUCK pretty bad when it comes to basketball...lol. Even being 5'9 lol. But I'm competitive so that usually counts for something. And I know I'm nice on the football field :)

Okay, I will personal message you. Texting is an option too. I will start looking into some additional stuff and we can share the information. This is awesome, I have not had the opportunity to find any physically active friends since I left Atlanta. This is definitely a start so I thank you!
  • alexiaans
    Options
    Me! I live in Laurel, MD and work in Georgetown! I'm doing to DC Color Run on September 22nd!!! (And a few random ones in between!)

Ashliee! Can I get on this bandwagon with you too? May I add you as a friend?

Lex
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I may have to join in on that DC Color Run with you, ashlielinn. It'll be my birthday present to myself!

For sure! Always up for more people!!! When's your Birthday? Mine's right around then, too! :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options

Ashliee! Can I get on this bandwagon with you too? May I add you as a friend?

Lex

Yes, please! :):):)
  • DaBossLady24
    Options

For sure! Always up for more people!!! When's your Birthday? Mine's right around then, too! :)

Mine is on September 12th... you? :)
  • DaBossLady24
    Options

Okay, I will personal message you. Texting is an option too. I will start looking into some additional stuff and we can share the information. This is awesome, I have not had the opportunity to find any physically active friends since I left Atlanta. This is definitely a start so I thank you!

I'll teach you some pointers and you can teach me some at football lol I have mostly male cousins who play and I STILL need work :noway:

I'll message you back as soon as I can since I just popped on here for a quick moment at work. I don't have many physically active friends at all, so no problem and thanks to all of you for answering on this! :bigsmile:
  • mizgabby9791
    Options
    ME! I live in alexandria...everybody add me and help me lose 90 pounds by december! everyone keeps saying its impossible but i don't think so i'm already changing my eating habits and excercising, i just need that extra motivation!
  • ashlielinn
    Options

Mine is on September 12th... you? :)

September 14th!!! We'll celebrate! :)
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Minkyboodle86
    Minkyboodle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm making a 5k a birthday gift to myself too! Later this fall!