Body Fat Help

Options
I've been trying to loose body fat for the longest and I haven't been able to. I workout 5 days a week and my eating habits are not bad. Any suggestions?

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Have you been resistance/strength training?

And is your workout really only 8-10 minutes of running?
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If your losing weight you are losing body fat. Cardio and strength training and sticking to your calories is the key
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You asked so I'm just going to be honest--your diet needs work. Too many fried and processed foods like the pizza and the cheese fries. Eat more lean proteins and veggies. Your protein shakes look great.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i agree, deep fried, sugar filled captin crunch and stuff is no way to lean out..replace that crap with calories your body will use and make use of....greek yogurt, oats, nuts, any veggies, fruits, and lean meats.

I have been on the road to cleaner eating as i need to drop body fat and since i cleaned up my diet ( 2 months) i can already see HUGE improvement and i feel another few months and ill be getting close to ab country.....Low body fat starts in the kitchen then you need strength training and cardio on top
  • DaZearge
    DaZearge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Two more questions. How much cardio someone is supposed to do a day to help loose body fat? and Can anyone give me an example of what my diet should be?
  • DaZearge
    Options
    I thought cereal was good for a diet. I will definitely clean up my diet. Thanks a lot.
  • lauren518
    lauren518 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    well you should be doing at least 30 minutes of good cardio, where its hard to keep up a conversation. if you can go for longer or more intense thats even better, but you know take your time and work up to it, but make sure your pushing yourself a little more each day.
    and then for your diet you should really just try to eat fresher foods. you do pretty well in the mornings bc you get a lot of protein in but your lunches and dinners have a lot of empty calories. try to cut out all soda and drink just water instead. your coffees in the morning have a lot of empty calories and if you changed that to just regualr coffe with fat free cream you would cut calories that you could eat later in the day. try finding veggies that you like to eat raw bc those make good snacks i love bell peppers so im always snacking on those. and i would honestly say cut out the cereal and go for a nonfat yogurt (regular or greek) with some granola i have one every day and i lovee it and its a great source of protein and will keep you full for a long time. oh and cottage cheese is good too! and you dont have to get liek the plain kind you can get the yogurts with fruit and just find a brand you like! and having a piece of lean meat for dinner and lunch will definitely help, that could be turkey, chicken, fish even lean beef, but jsut mkw sure its cooked in a healthy way and not soaked with fats or salt
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I thought cereal was good for a diet. I will definitely clean up my diet. Thanks a lot.
    The ideal is lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    If man makes it, do not eat it.
    As for cardio, the sky's the limit. For optimal fat loss, balance cardio with resistance.
    Good luck!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? Do you lift heavy? I recently got rid of cardio & went strictly weights to cut fat.
  • DaZearge
    Options
    Thank You everybody for all your suggestions.