Who needs gym membership?

Options
Just wanted to show everyone my 6 month progress and believe it or not

September 2011 i was 75kgs
December 2011 i was 72kgs
April 2011 i was 70kgs

It looks like i gained weight, but i lost a lot of fat and packed on heaps of muscle with no gym member ship, everything was done at home, squat jumps, lunges, sprints, pull ups, pushups, russian crunches and lifting weights was MINIMAL.

If you don't have money like me for gym membership, IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET TO WHERE YOU WANT TO GET!!!!

september2011.png
By baozytools at 2012-06-27

december2011.png

april2012e.png

Replies

• akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    took awhile to get images on ...
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    cant view te last set of pix but nice legs!!!
  • akiramezu
    Options
    the images are on again :D
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Nice quads, but what about chest and stomach? How well did you do with those?
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    wow that is great - can't believe you achieved this in 6 months - great job!!
  • fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    solid progress

but dont discourage gym memberships, they will always be the better option over a home gym unless you have a lot of money to spend
  • akiramezu
    Options

My stomach/waist went from 36 inches to 32 inches. I currently have a size 30-31 waist. With my chest, i got rid of my man boobs with just a lot of pushups (close, wide and elevated pushups)
  • akiramezu
    Options
    solid progress

but dont discourage gym memberships, they will always be the better option over a home gym unless you have a lot of money to spend

Of course! but i was just pointing out that if you can't afford gym membership like me, you can still reach your goals! of course with gym membership, it would come faster
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Looks great. If I saw it in real life, however, I'd be scared :tongue:
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I don't know about his progress, but I have seen the P90X Chest and Back video, which takes a pull up bar, a flat surface for push ups and maybe one dumbbell at one point... And it's complete hell. You could definitely get ripped using that without gym membership, and it costs something like 30$ or equipment...
  • fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    agreed

jelly of your low bf% & shredded quads, hella lean!
  • akiramezu
    Options
    agreed

jelly of your low bf% & shredded quads, hella lean!

Unfortunately, i still don't have a six pack xD just a semi-flat stomach haha, i am blessed with strong legs, but crappy abs.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That gives me hope! Of course, being female I know I will have a harder time. Seems all this stuff is easier for men for some reason--not that it's easy, just that guys see results faster. Still, I hate going to a gym and don't have time to go even if I wanted to, so I'm encouraged now that I can do more at home and get results. Now if I just knew how to do the exercises I could do at home, I'd be one my way! ;) Congrats on your progress! :drinker:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Someone in the thread said you can't get better results at home than at a gym but look at my pix! All done at home! I look better than a lot of ppl I know who waste money on gyms. I gave up gym memberships in 1996, started working out at home and have been ever since! So what I say is whatever gets you moving and one is not better or worse than the other. Different strokes for different folks. I'm startin P90X in a few weeks...ppl have gotten incredible results with it and I'll still look better than ppl with their failed gym memberships. So I say MAD PROPS to you! You look great!
  • akiramezu
    Options
    That gives me hope! Of course, being female I know I will have a harder time. Seems all this stuff is easier for men for some reason--not that it's easy, just that guys see results faster. Still, I hate going to a gym and don't have time to go even if I wanted to, so I'm encouraged now that I can do more at home and get results. Now if I just knew how to do the exercises I could do at home, I'd be one my way! ;) Congrats on your progress! :drinker:

hey there! it's really simple! all body exercises that require your own weight are excellent.
    Variations of pushups
    variations of squats/squatjumps/lunges
    variations of crunches
    variations of pullups/chinups
    Burpees are EXCELLENT
    sprinting is very good! it activates fast twitch muscle fibers and not only makes your legs good looking, but explosive.
    All of these things can be done in your back yard or at a park!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    @Slow Turtle...I sent ya a msg :)
  • akiramezu
    Options
    Someone in the thread said you can't get better results at home than at a gym but look at my pix! All done at home! I look better than a lot of ppl I know who waste money on gyms. I gave up gym memberships in 1996, started working out at home and have been ever since! So what I say is whatever gets you moving and one is not better or worse than the other. Different strokes for different folks. I'm startin P90X in a few weeks...ppl have gotten incredible results with it and I'll still look better than ppl with their failed gym memberships. So I say MAD PROPS to you! You look great!

HELL YEAH :D i'm a jobless full time uni/college student, so gym membership is out of the question xD well done to you :D
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

hey there! it's really simple! all body exercises that require your own weight are excellent.
    Variations of pushups
    variations of squats/squatjumps/lunges
    variations of crunches
    variations of pullups/chinups
    Burpees are EXCELLENT
    sprinting is very good! it activates fast twitch muscle fibers and not only makes your legs good looking, but explosive.
    All of these things can be done in your back yard or at a park!

Thanks! I'll have to look some of those up on You Tube to see how to do them/what they are. WTH is a "burpee!?" lol... It certainly sounds like something that should be done in the privacy of one's home! ;)
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Burpees are killer!! So evil! :devil: but they do work... if you can keep them up of course!:bigsmile:
  • MaretL
    MaretL Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pics are awesome!! Great job man! Thanks so much for the hope, I'm in the same boat - no money for gym but I sure want to "get back" my muscles I once had. Lots of hard work, well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!