Body by Vi

Options
Please No Sales pitches! I just want to know if you like it of if you don't. I am not for MLM's. But I am interested in hearing your thoughts about Body by Vi. Again - just looking for real people who want to share your thoughts and on it and not people looking to sell it.

Replies

• Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my mom and dad both use it, and love it. my dad's cholesterol levels are the lowest they have been in years. I have tried it, but I enjoy food too much to replace a whole meal a day with a shake. If I am in a hurry I do make one- they are filling.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I say eat your nutrition and not drink it. Sure, I'm a fan of a good protein shake but it won't be the backbone of my diet. You can get a quality protein shake mix a lot cheaper.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends selling it and using it. It seems almost like a pyramid type scheme, because who wants to pay that much for a glorified protein shake.. well, if you sell it and get others selling it, you don't pay much if anything. I'd rather just go buy a protein shake from GNC with no real sales pitch! Good Luck!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it about 2 weeks and I like it!

1- It is quick and easy for me to make. I'm always on the go so it is nice to just have it there to quickly have.
    2- It finally got me actually eating something for breakfast...First time since 3rd or 4th grade.
    3- It isn't expensive (for me.) A lot of people say it is pricey... It is $100 for two meals for a month. I was spending $100 or more in two weeks buying healthy food to make. So it has saved me money.
    4-I've been sleeping better too with it. Which is weird because I have had sleeping issues since basically forever. Since I started taking it though I fall asleep easy and wake up earlier!
    5- I have more energy with it. I always hated working out because I was so tired and had no energy. Now I have started looking forward to it.
    6- It keeps me full! I eat stuff between shakes/meals so my body gets enough calories and to be honest I struggle wanting to eat more because I stay so full...(I'm only eating 1200)
    7- Plenty of options! You can drink it with just milk....or they have different ones you can make. I mix them with juices and they taste so yummy(:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Vi Shakes since September 2011. I have had fantastic success with them and before I started I did some research and at that time, not knowing what I know now, I could not find a suitable alternative in the store. Also, the Vi Shakes taste awesome and are highly versatile. They totally suited my purpose and really got me back on track. I no longer use them as a meal replacement but rather as a snack usually. The reason I continue using them is because I get them for next to nothing, so for me it's cheaper than going out to buy protein powder plus I love the way they taste.

I have always eaten real food, but the convenience of them really worked for my lifestyle and helped me to create healthy habits. They are not in any way a miracle cure, I still counted calories and made healthy choices. The other people I know who are on them and have had success have done the same thing.

With all that being said, if I knew then what I know now I would have just went with a good protein shake supplemented with a good multivitamin.
  • hunnycup
    hunnycup Posts: 1
    Options
    I am currently using Body by Vi sweet cream shake mix and the taste is okay! I tried mixing it with Dole fruit varieties but that didn't work for me. I am NOT taking the pills so I don't feel a boost in my energy level yet. I have noticed I am sleeping better at night though. When I run out of this mix, I do plan on buying a cheaper protein powder mix from a GNC store!
  • mellisa28
    mellisa28 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been on the body by vi shakes, drinking 2 a day since the beginning of February. I have lost just over 70 Ibs!! I would say this is the best thing I have ever done. I absolutely love the shakes after much trial and error of recipes:) This is the best product I have ever tried and believe me I have tried many! If you are looking for a great way to lose pounds I would highly recommend this!! I am still trying to lose my last 30Ibs but know I most certainly will as this is working great for my lifestyle:)
  • lesliegail22
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stuff.
    I don't do any addtional mix-ins (well they give me some samples each month and I do them)
    I have lost weight and feel great!
    I work out when I can -really need to work on this more
    I eat my one "real" meal a day and try and be responsible with it but I calorie count and sometimes indulge.
    I want to enjoy eating and dieting and this really has let me do this.
    I think the shakes taste GREAT and there is so many things you can mix in them to spruce them up.
    I feel good sleep good and husband is even on the bandwagon and surpasing me on weight loss(the big turd!)
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I had a friend gift me 2 bags, so I'm not part of any selling thing. When I decide to buy more it will be on amazon because I don't want to be part of the selling, etc.

now on to the shakes. I am starting out big. SW 264. I accepted the shakes as a way to jumpstart my weight loss and give me some time to learn how to eat properly. I drink one shake for bfast and one for lunch. I personally LOVE the flavor. I mix it with Almond Breeze unsweetened milk because I have lactose issues. I am amazed that I am not hungry. I am not taking any other supplements from them but I find that i am not hungry till about 4:30 which is about the time I need to start dinner anyway. i eat a normal dinner. I am more conscious about what we are eating as a family. I have always been a HUGE soda drinker, easily 5-7 cans of soda a day. I have not had one soda since I started the shakes, I'm not sure if it's because I feel full or if it's a mind thing but I have no desire for it at all. I told myself I coud have 2 a day but haven't even had one since starting. Actually the only thing i have drank since starting are the shakes and water.
    The only issue I have is trying to get all my calories each day. I feel great, tons of energy during the day,able to work out every day, sleeping better at night(I guess because of the work out). I've had a cpl days that even after eating a full dinner and feeling full that I have came in under 1000 calories. I am trying to adjust that now by forcing mysef to eat a cpl healthy snacks.
    I've only been using them about a week and a half but that's my take on them for now.
  • fitsebtownmama
    fitsebtownmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my body by vi "sweet cream" shake! So does my 13 year old daughter and she drinks one in the morning after breakfast on the way to her dance camp. I drink one every morning but I do not replace a meal with it, I just use it as a protein boost before work out.
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had started on them this spring, but ended going off them. Although they are some of the best tasting shakes I have every had as far as protein goes, I could not "drink" two meals out of the day. I stay so much more full with my oatmeal (and sometimes egg whites) than I ever did with the shakes. I still use them as a back up for when life gets busy (my new fast food), but I do not use them as a backbone to my diet. Once the bag is gone that I do have, I will probably not be ordering a new one.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly safe to use if you like to eat shakes. It is not magic nutrition that will turn crappy habits into good habits. You can get the same results from controlling calories.
  • KacieK1
    KacieK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All other protein shakes I have tried have made me nauseous but not Vi. I drink it with almond milk post-workout for a protein boost. However, it provides no satiety to me and would never recommend it as a meal replacment.
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I liked them and didn't think they were too expensive, but they did not satisfy my hunger...I do use them as a supplement at times. No real weight loss to speak of but I am a healthy bmi
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    love them have been on them since jan and lost 70 pounds
    i have nothing negitive at all to say about them
  • GabTastic
    GabTastic Posts: 21
    Options
    I am a network marketer, but I wouldn't dare try to build my business off of MFP. I do encourage you all to research the benefits of pea protein vs. whey protein. You should properly research any supplement you purchase. Whether it is from a small business owner, or a large retail store. That is all I will say because I am sure anything more will be viewed as a pitch vs. sharing good information.

Many MLMs have awesome people and products. Everything we eat, wear, drive, sleep in and on, has to be sold and made by someone. Sales people are just trying to support their own too.
  • shawna_h74
    shawna_h74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on BBV for just over a month and have lost 10 lbs and 7 inches from my chest, wasit and hips. I love the stuff! It's not expensive, works out to $1.87 per shake. It's great for nutrition and energy. My kids take it as well, but in between meals for added nutrition. I promote the stuff as well, but I'm not here to try to push it on anyone. I just got my husband to start on it too, he's into bodybuilding and he take the other shakes from GNC, but says these taste way better and there's less sodium and fillers, so it's healthier too.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a "body by victorias secret" post and I got so excited to tell you how much I love their bras.

but...since its not.....Ill just go back to the corner I came from lol
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of them, been on them for a while....have yet to lose any weight though.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've done this and Herbalife. It tastes better than Herbalife. It's okay. I can't say that has been a factor in my losing weight. Since I work overnight I take the shake with me rather than a heavy meal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!