Crystal Light is it really good for you? HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I always think this question is a little silly - if you drank a glass of water and then ATE a packet of crystal light (like a pixie stick) it's not like it undoes the fact that you still drank a glass of water :-)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    drinks like that can also trigger headaches
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I drink Crystal Light because I find it coming down to that, or nothing. Not that I'm a stubborn anti-water snob or anything, just because I forget to drink. I'm trying to switch back to water, and I love a quick squirt of the Mio for that.
    But hey, it's water. Sure, it's got other stuff in it, but it is still hydration.
  • proats
    proats Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you are way better off drinking plain water, crystal light uses aspartame which is known to cause cancer, i stay away from anything with aspartame in it

LOL, what!?!?

Aspartame causing cancer is nonsense. There is nothing unhealthy about it. Try doing a little more research and less parroting of mass hysteria:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12180494
    (read that study before posting again)
  • skydivingchef
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I will check that out next time I'm at the store. I've been wondering if there was an alternative
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    had a moderate crystal light addiction a few years ago. Started having stomach pain. Pumped the brakes on the crystal light, stomach better. Have read some things about aspartame and think it may be the culprit. I just as soon get a non- calorie reduced beverage and add water to it to cut the calories. I prefer that taste to the after taste of sweeteners. Cheers.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I drank it a few years ago but it gave me really bad headaches. Once a day for a treat would be a better choice IMO.

I like to drink iced tea (green tea, peppermint tea, etc) with no sweetner. It makes water more interesting for me. Also, green tea is supposed to help with weight loss.