Recommend some great cardio dvd workouts...

Options
Hi guys, I am afraid to say that I am slacking with exercise just lately :(
I use to do an hour of Zumba 3 times a week and now I am so bored of it, I know all the routines ect ( ps3 move) now I just want something else to keep me active, something fun but also something that keeps my heart rate up!

Any recommendations on DVDs to look out for??

PS.. I don't have the confidence to go to the gym or a class, so thats why I wont something where I can work out at home still.

Thanks
Chaz 23, UK

Replies

• brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    JIllian Michales Banish fat boost metabolism is pretty good, its a bit long but its circuit workout so you can cut some out.
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    JIllian Michales Banish fat boost metabolism is pretty good, its a bit long but its circuit workout so you can cut some out.

Thanks, I have this but I am working my way through her 30 day shred at the moment on day 4 lol
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than Insanity! Seriously, it's great! I got really bored with 30DS...
  • jakilde
    jakilde Posts: 22
    Options
    I use Turbo Fire! LOVE it!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Agree!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. It's the most fun I've had doing cardio. I love Chalene's workouts.
  • Kimberb03
    Kimberb03 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love turbo jam 30 day shred and all of the biggest loser workouts
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity, and while it isn't easy, you definitely get an amazing workout, and will feel so good afterwards!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X(90days/6days a week) for resistance & body composition, although you can do it with bands, to get the best from it you need weights & a pull up bar - it is a very comprehensive program, with elements of cardio, yoga & stretching. The "days" usually run to around 60mins give or take a couple of minutes either way. This system is so well presented & very modifiable, with "easier" examples & tougher options presented for each exercise.

TurboFire is fast & furious BUT mostly fun cardio, the discs have innumerable options, from short fast w/outs upto combinations of w/outs, I can't emphasise enough the aims & methods used are a lot like Insanity BUT with fun thrown in for free :) Great beats & a lot of fun.

Insanity(60days/6days a week) is a lot of football drills & jumping, a dedicated following BUT I really can't see why, the discs run to just under an hour, are really tough but IMO boring & repetitive & injury prone :(

An all round great is RushFit(60days/5days a week) an MMA inspired w/out with great pedigree. It is 5 x 5 minute rounds with a minute rest in between. Seven discs that run at 45 mins each. Circuit training with mostly bodyweight & a few light weights used, really tough & great fun. Although the "days" do accentuate different body parts/areas, this is really a full body conditioning series. A bit drier than P90X, less fun than TurboFire but it doesn't suffer from this, it is all business.

All times include warm ups & cooldowns.

Russ
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    There's nothing quite like the videos you can find online! They don't cost anything!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I have found I really like all of Bob Harper's dvd's. He makes me sweat more than Jillian does but I don't feel like I'm working as hard as I to with Jillian. If that makes sense.

I alos have all of Jackie's dvd's and love, love, love the workout I get with them!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I still love Tae Bo! Got one called This is Tae Bo, it's an hour workout. I burned about 500 cal per HRM.
  • Prettygirl150
    Prettygirl150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love anything by The Firm, check them out. You can view their videos on youtube, their website, collagevideo, totalfitnessdvds, gaim, and other websites ...
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with TurboFire. There are so many different discs in the set with varying times (from 15 min to 60 min) of cardio, stregth, stretching, and HIIT. LOVE it. I've had it for over a year and have not gotten bored.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I love billy blanks tae bo, super love TURBO FIRE, and also just ordered insanity, which will be here tomorrow! All great!!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I'm doing Bob Harper's Cardio Shred Kettlebell workout now. It is so much fun but is a serious workout at the same time. I also like Jillian's 30DS and Faithful Fitness Workouts. I try to throw some yoga DVDs in there as well since I tend to have very tight muscles and need the stretching.

I have found some on demand on cable. You have nothing to lose but a little bit of time in checking them out and you might well find your next go-to video!
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    RIght now for a fun one I am doing the P -Cat Dolls workout and Zumba they blocked the first word sorry!