Hello

luckyduckie
luckyduckie Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I just found this site. I just went for my physical 3 weeks ago. I was told the bad news. He called me in medical terms "morbidly obese" Ouch. I am also 39 bmi and 190 pounds. I was drinking alot of alcohol which gave me the weight gain. My doctor said he was glad I quit the drinking and the weight should come off fast. Well quitting the drinking is easier than the weight coming off. I go to see him in 3 weeks and have only lost 5 pounds. Any suggestions?
:ohwell:

Replies

• I just found this site. I just went for my physical 3 weeks ago. I was told the bad news. He called me in medical terms "morbidly obese" Ouch. I am also 39 bmi and 190 pounds. I was drinking alot of alcohol which gave me the weight gain. My doctor said he was glad I quit the drinking and the weight should come off fast. Well quitting the drinking is easier than the weight coming off. I go to see him in 3 weeks and have only lost 5 pounds. Any suggestions?
  • I just found this site. I just went for my physical 3 weeks ago. I was told the bad news. He called me in medical terms "morbidly obese" Ouch. I am also 39 bmi and 190 pounds. I was drinking alot of alcohol which gave me the weight gain. My doctor said he was glad I quit the drinking and the weight should come off fast. Well quitting the drinking is easier than the weight coming off. I go to see him in 3 weeks and have only lost 5 pounds. Any suggestions?
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Hi, and welcome to the site! You're in the right place. Lots of support and people who will listen. Haven't been here long myself, but it's definitely working for me. I've lost 6 pounds since the end of March. Not the best I've done, but it is the healthiest. Just log in the food you eat and any exercise. Ask questions if you have them. Really, I think 5 pounds in 3 weeks is great! Everything I've been reading indicates that 1 pound a week is good, and 2 pounds a week is "aggressive".

Just hang in there. It'll come off!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    "morbidly obese" at 190?? May I ask how tall you are?

At any rate, welcome and glad you found us!! It's a awesome site with a lot of support here! :smile:
  • allikay
    allikay Posts: 13
    Welcome Well done for quitting drinking try to drink alot of water. slow weight loss is always the best to keep it off. If you lose it too fast it may come back on plus more. Record everything you eat sticking to the required calories and start exercising when you feel ready
This discussion has been closed.