Any BASEBALL fanatics out there?

Options
CajunNino
CajunNino Posts: 269
You don't have to have a city or team, nor do you have to watch the professionals to love the great game of baseball. Louisiana is crazy about baseball on the lower levels (we have no MLB team) - from Little League to our AAA Zephyrs.

Growing up going to the ball field was something that I assumed everyone did.

So.... who loves the game? (You don't have to say who your favorite team is, as if that qualifies you as a lover of the game... Most people who attend baseball games love their team and city much more than the game itself.)

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i do love baseball. I particularly love playoff baseball because of the small nuances that make a difference. I am more of a fan of National League baseball (in MLB) because of the added strategy to deal with the pitcher in the batting order.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am a baseball fanatic. From going to the games, playing the games (I play on a vintage baseball team), the history, the unwritten rules and great stories and memories.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I LOVE baseball! Even bought the MLB package this year, so I can watch any game whenever I want!! :)
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    HUGE baseball fan...played since I was 5 and have been watching since around that time as well.

NY Yankees all the way!! Actually going to the game tonight...and tomorrow. (got a season ticket package)

Too bad about CC and Pettite =(
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I'm a twins fan, does that count as baseball?

We have tix for our minor team here in town tomorrow night. Love outdoor baseball in the summer!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I never used to be a Baseball fan...but then I started dating my SO and the rest is history.... He LOVES the game. He has played both competitive hardball and slo-pitch... We always make an effort to go to at least a bare minimum of 5 or 6 Blue Jay games for the season (which is difficult because he goes away every other weekend for baseball tournaments himself! LOL). I have spent the last 10 years of my life watching, learning, playing and even growing to love the game!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    GIANTS baby!! Swept the mother****ing Dodgers too!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    LOVE baseball. 7pm-10pm is dedicated to the Braves each night on my TV from April through October. :-)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've been a baseball fan as long as I can remember. I loved playing it as a kid and was fortunate to continue playing a few years past high school. Whenever I travel for business, the first thing I do is check for a game in whatever city I will be traveling.
  • fazee57
    fazee57 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am a fanatic, however, I do enjoy watching the Cincinnati Reds. I was in college when the Big Red Machine ruled baseball. They have had their tough times, too, over the years but they have always been my favorite team. I do appreciate, though, great players of rivals such as, Derek Jeter, Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols to name a few.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm a baseball fan ever since the day my father took me watch the Astros vs. Reds in the Dome when I was knee high to a june bug. Met Johnny Bench and Pete Rose at breakfast the morning of the game. Pete was an absolutely pr*ck and wouldn't sign a thing. He even told me to "get the F out of here kid". I'll never forget that as long as I live.

Bench, on the other hand, called me to him and signed my glove without hesitation, then proceeded to tell Pete "You're an a-hole. He's just a kid."

I'm a Red Sox fan and Astros fan. Rarely watch games, these days, but I when I get the chance, I'm watching.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Astros fan! Forever in re-build mode. :D That will hold even more true once we move to the AL West.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love baseball, it is one of my passions! I'm a Brewer for life! :) But I do appreciate the game, and great players/plays that we not done by the Crew.
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Thu 06/28/12 07:23 AM
    Astros fan! Forever in re-build mode. :D That will hold even more true once we move to the AL West."

Mariners fan here, so I understand your pain! Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. Oy!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love baseball! Saw a game at Camden Yards against the Blue Jays, yet I'm a Tigers and Red Sox fan!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bleed Cubbie Blue!

God hates the Cubs tho..
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Baseball ROX!! Just finished watching the South Carolina Gamecocks in the CWS... They bummed Me out with that last game, but it was fun to watch anyways...

: ))
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I bleed Cubbie Blue!

God hates the Cubs tho..

Yeah, pretty much everyone does that doesn't have connections to Chicago hates the Cubs too.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I am not a fanatic about baseball....I just have a very unhealthy obession with it and the Texas Rangers. lol

GO RANGERS!!!!
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LOVE baseball!!! I'm a Yankees fan. I also watch our local leagues play about every night of the week.