canada! Oz to Canada! moving eeek

Options
littlemiss5foot1
littlemiss5foot1 Posts: 75 Member
so im moving to canada end of Jan, ALONE !!!! anyone know best ways to Fly? quick cheap routes airlines ect?
and places to see and things todo?

and awesome places to work that pay good that are international worker friendly?
oh and im going to need some training buddies!

thanks everyone :)

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Canada is big. Where in Canada are you moving?
    -wtk
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Was going to say the same thing ket the jet posted.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Don't know where in Canada you are moving...however, if you're moving to the Toronto, Ontario area there are tons of jobs in the financial district. Look at the Top 5 Big Banks of Canada... I don't know your work experience, but they have great benefits, vacation pacakages and pay well. There is lots of opportunity for advancement too.
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    ahh sorry lol going to Calgary to start with and go from there, and sylvan for the summer to work at resorts and party!
  • 2legit_2quit
    2legit_2quit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm from Calgary yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! I can totally be your new fitness buddy!!! :D we should meet up maybe?
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    Omg I'm from Calgary yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! I can totally be your new fitness buddy!!! :D we should meet up maybe?

awesome!!! my friendi met here is studying there! haha which is why i picked it haha im traveling alone ona holiday vsa n going to find work when i get there and accomadation n ll that shizz yay gym buddy!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You are now part of the "Most Awesome People in the World" club. :drinker:

eh.

PS. I live in Alberta :)
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    yeah finding flights r hard haha so confusing on what airline to go with ect. where to stop over ect ect Ill be located in Calgary frekaing out about the cold wether though!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I moved to Calgary 4 years ago from Victoria. One of the best things about Calgary is how close you are to the Rocky Mountains!
  • FitTonic
    FitTonic Posts: 5
    Options
    West Jet and Air Canada
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    awesome! howd did u go about finding work ect?? what airlines u recomend and stop overs i dont wana stop in china f that
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Depends on what province you're going to be living in... we're a big country!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Jobs abound in Alberta so I'm sure you won't have trouble finding work. My parents live in Sylvan Lake and I'll be spending the summer there. Maybe I'll run into you, lol. If you have waitressing experience I'm sure you could get a job in one of the many restaurants or bars. Cost of living is pretty high so do you have housing figured out? I wish you luck in your journey and I'm sure you will love Canada. And they will love you! The accent alone will make you friends. :wink:
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for resort work I'd head out to Banff. (Just outside of Calgary in the mountains). A lot of the Employers there also offer housing. Lake Louise is another good bet. I also live in Calgary and spent my early 20's working and having a great time out there. Do you have any hotel experience? If so- I'd just contact the hotels directly!

If you are looking for more career type work there are plenty of temping agencies you can sign up with, or headhunters.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You might want to look at Air New Zealand or Quantas. Seem to have the best prices and stopovers. When we went to Oz 4 years ago, we stopped in Samoa on way down under and Tonga on the trip home. The stopovers do cost extra and of course rooms too! You can easily stop in Fiji or Hawaii also. If you plan on working in Sylvan Lake this summer, I hope that you have a peopleconnection set up as the Lake is soooo busy and soooo many young people looking for work and party time that it will be a challenge unless you already have some connections.

Interestingly, our son was in Aus on a working visa...couldn't find a job but found his wife, travelled with her, brought her to Canada, have a baby and now they are moving back to Australia to live and work.

I wish you lots of luck and enjoy our country while you are here. You will love the mountains!!
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    Jobs abound in Alberta so I'm sure you won't have trouble finding work. My parents live in Sylvan Lake and I'll be spending the summer there. Maybe I'll run into you, lol. If you have waitressing experience I'm sure you could get a job in one of the many restaurants or bars. Cost of living is pretty high so do you have housing figured out? I wish you luck in your journey and I'm sure you will love Canada. And they will love you! The accent alone will make you friends. :wink:

ill be i sylvan lake for the summer working in bars with my friend app its good money in tips and really fun!
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    i hered calgary was really cheap to live?? coz its all uni studnets and stuff??

i wont be renting full house, more like house share or back packers anythig really

yes sylvan lake will be working my friend grew up there so im hopign shes hooking us up, with a working visa i need to have a job to get permission visa to work, so worrying bout that when it gets closer, still 6 months away!

thankyou all fr your feedback :)