Trying not to do this on my own

Options
Hello,

I have been slowly putting on the punds over the last few months. I've always been rotund, and I have been bigger than I am right now. I went to my GP on monday for my normal prescriptions and mentioned that I am so, so tired all the time. I had bloods done just after Christmas and everything was fine, so he thinks I could need to move more- I am pretty sedentary. So he gave me a "Prescription for Health" which is basically reduced rate membership at a local gym. I start next week. I've also been trying to be more mindful of what I eat. I have fairly severe mental health issues and tend to comfort eat when things are bad.

So yeah, I don't want to do this on my own. I think I need people to help motivate me a bit.

Love
Moosifer
xx

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I log on regularly :)
  • rlegamaro
    rlegamaro Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Moosifer! Please feel free to add me to your 'circle'. I might recommend a book for you it's called Made to Crave. I am currently reading it and I have found that it's really helping me with my emotional eating. It is a Christian book so if you aren't a Christian I apologize. However, even if you aren't, you may want to read it. It's not a techinical manual about eat this, don't eat that, do this exercise. It's more about evaluating why certain emotions trigger eating and how to combat them.

I'm with ya sister!!

Becky :wink:
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me for motivation! :) I need more motivators also :)
  • garfield2099
    Options
    Well, you came to the right group! Please feel free to add me if you would like - I am not judgmental - I will support you or anyone the best that I can - the only thing that I ask of anyone is to be honest with what they are doing.

Enjoy MFP - most people are great to work with!!!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I try to be a really supportive friend. You can do this!!! Congrats on stating your journey!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    love that prescription for health....that is awesome...wish more places did that, maybe obesity wouldn't be as much of a problem. Well anyway....you are definitely in the right place....there is plenty of support here and tools that will get you on your way! I have only been here 4 months and have already lost 43 lbs! Feel free to add me if you wish....you can never have too many friends when it comes to losing weight.
  • balogda1
    balogda1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I need friends to help motivate me as well.
  • zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Moosifer,

You are definitely not doing this on your own! I, too am struggling with losing weight. My GP prescribed wellbutrin sr to help with my mood, cravings and/or binge eating. It is working well for me so far. I still lack energy to work-out though. Feel free to add me, if you want! I also could use some motivation!:smile:
  • pennycandy57
    Options
    You can add me too. Have a great day.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am always open for more motivation!! I will do by best in return!!
  • lmsupar
    lmsupar Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd love to have some motivation from others myself! Please add me to your circle and we can start losing weight together. I'd like to lose 100 lbs if possible and start training for a sprint triathalon to give myself an end-goal. Everybody needs some buddies to cheer them on. Thanks!
  • kellygerstle
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    sending a friend request right now :-)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am on here ALL the time. Feel free to add me.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I am here for you all...feel free to add me:)
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll support you to the best of my ability.
  • slimmersooner
    slimmersooner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with Becky! Made to Crave is an awesome book!
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am here for you.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)