For the ladies: SADDLEBAGS :(

Options
tlaker
tlaker Posts: 82 Member
hey girls!!

Us pear-shaped women usually struggle with this! :(

anyone know any really good exercises that will really help with this area?... i REALLY dont like the cellulite that comes with it! i feel like squats/lunges work my thighs way more! but i want to feel the burn in my hamstrings/under the butt area and lift it! :)

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm really noticing mine disappering with running. Started c25k a month ago and they're definately slimmer! I also ride a recumbent stationary bike on my days off and that seems to help as well.

Also have you looked at 30DS? I noticed a difference with just doing level 1 of that too.
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am soooo not the runner! ;) haha but i do love my spin classes! i go twice a week..and zumba 3 days a week. also do the Turbo Jam videos. I HAVE the 30DS but i can never stick to it. I just started a tuesday cardio sculpt class....so on thurs i think i'll do 30DS since i cant make it to class. my biggest problem is patience! i want it gone yesterday haha! Thanks for the advice :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i want to feel the burn in my hamstrings/under the butt area and lift it! :)
    Romanian dead lifts. Best exercise for this area. That is all.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Running has changed mine dramatically. I finished the c25k program earlier this month and have been running consistently since. My husband says he can't believe the difference.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-burn an area. For pears, it's the saddlebags that are the last to go. For apples, it's the tummy. Just keep up with exercise and eating right and that area WILL go away eventually. You may need to experiment with what you eat as well...I'm an apple and that stubborn middle didn't go away till I cut out white carbs and refined sugar.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Check out The Butt Bible on youtube. My butt was very sad, and now it's happy! :bigsmile: I'm going to google Romanian deadlifts to see what those are now. :smile:
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    This is GREAT to know. I just started the C25k this week. So glad to know it might help my thunder thighs out! THANKS!
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-burn an area. For pears, it's the saddlebags that are the last to go. For apples, it's the tummy. Just keep up with exercise and eating right and that area WILL go away eventually. You may need to experiment with what you eat as well...I'm an apple and that stubborn middle didn't go away till I cut out white carbs and refined sugar.

^^^ this...food is key....I am a pear and saddlebags are the last to go, but food is what I found to work best to reduce cellulite in this area..and unfortunately it's the first to come back as well...
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Romanian dead lifts. Best exercise for this area. That is all.

I agree. I just started incorporating deadlifts in the gym, and man, it's the best ever. Proper form is key, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZA_QDy9cY

ETA: Reverse bench lunges w/dumbbells have been amazing for my legs & butt too.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2280118_do-bench-lunges.html
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Walking 3.5 miles a day with a lot of hills is doing it for me...I really feel the burn and I am seeing the difference. Just walking on the track doesn't do it for me I had to add the hills:-)
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well the best I can offer is the exercises I've been doing because they seem to be working for me (knock on wood.) Every day after my workout at Curves (which is fabulous btw) I do this exercise that probably looks terrible but whatever. Basically you lay on your back and bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor. Then raise your pelvis. I guess maybe it's called the bridge? I dunno. But now you have your body at an angle sort of. Then just dip your butt back toward the ground and lift back to the start. After I'm done the dips I follow it up with just holding in the top position for a set count. I also do a boatload of reverse crunches which I feel burning in my leg/butt area sometimes so they might help too. I hope some of this made sense.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Well the best I can offer is the exercises I've been doing because they seem to be working for me (knock on wood.) Every day after my workout at Curves (which is fabulous btw) I do this exercise that probably looks terrible but whatever. Basically you lay on your back and bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor. Then raise your pelvis. I guess maybe it's called the bridge? I dunno. But now you have your body at an angle sort of. Then just dip your butt back toward the ground and lift back to the start. After I'm done the dips I follow it up with just holding in the top position for a set count. I also do a boatload of reverse crunches which I feel burning in my leg/butt area sometimes so they might help too. I hope some of this made sense.

Cross-knee bridges are good, too (lifting one leg and resting that ankle on the knee of the supporting leg), and raising your foot so you're pushing from your heel.