I just ate most of my daily Calories in one meal.

Options
2»

Replies

• BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I actually looked in just to dream about whatever you ate and be jealous ;)
    I laughed out loud. I like your style. Maybe that's why I popped in too. But, YOU, you can put it in words :) Noice.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have a good attitude about it 'oops' is right! It's not the end of the world and you learned from it!

A lot of people might not agree with me here, but I tend to look at my weekly avg. I love that MFP has a nice way to look at your avg calorie intake for the week, and each day in that week. So what I do in times like you just described, is I'll do extra exercise throughout the week and not eat back all my calories (say burn an extra 100 cals a day and not eat those 100 cals, as long as my net cals for each day is reasonable) and make sure my avg for the week is about where it needs to be. Even if the avg for the week is still high, I know I did a little bit of damage control. But I only do it with extra cals I burn through exercise and not all at one time, I won't burn 500 cals one day and then not eat those back, only small doses each day.
  • Marlei5610
    Marlei5610 Posts: 16
    Options
    Why do our bodies, in most cases, crave more calories than they actually need? That's a rhetorical question because it seems most of us are designed to conserve calories for "leaner times".

I'm supposed to eat about 1400 a day to lose just 1lb per week, yet I'm struggling to keep below 2000! Even then I'm going without a lot of foods I enjoy and try to eat only when I'm hungry (I can see what I'm eating because I add it to my food diary every day). Even though I'm eating fairly healthily, obviously I have to reassess my food choices and increase my daily exercise (currently burning about 200 calories a day). :-(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I had to peek, too. :smile: I used to eat that much spaghetti, and I ate it a lot because it was cheap and easy. Now I measure out one cup and add a bunch of veggies to it. Shirataki noodles are a good substitute (for home), but don't smell them first. I ate over 900 cals on Saturday at breakfast, and I was home!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Richard? Is that you? Have you binged again? Come on, lets do some squats!

Lolz! thats right girlies! lets get our squast on! I might actually look up a Richard Simmons work out for fun to do thsi afternoon. Thanks for all your support everyone, you made me feel much better! xoxoxo
  • nmalek1025
    nmalek1025 Posts: 72
    Options
    I still do this (unfortunately!). But I am working on controlling binges and telling myself...I don't need it! I have gotten better with checking menus before ordering...for example, I thought the fuji apple salad from salad would be healthy but it has a ton of fat and more calories than I expected! ALSO, I didn't that a cheesecake slice has almost 1200 cals! Whoops, next time I won't eat half of the cake! haha...we all live and learn though. There are a ton of healthy recipes also to substitute for those delicious dishes/deserts we all love that have half the cals. good luck with your loss!
  • nmalek1025
    nmalek1025 Posts: 72
    Options
    ***Fuji apple salad from Panera, sorry about the typo!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am also sorry for my typos

*sugar rush*
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    Don't fret! It probably won't be the last time. Either get in some extra exercise to earn more calories, or just eat light and healthy for the rest of the day let it even out over time. Or both.

It's hard to never have an over the top meal in today's world. As long as you don't do it often, it's nothing to worry about.

^^^^
    This! Gotta love her!
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    Hah! I've done that too. On tuesday actually! lol. Went to olive garden and got the Minestrone soup, Ravioli Di Portobella and of course you cant go there and NOT eat their breadsticks! So I only had 2 of those, even though I could have eaten 6! =) And to make matters worse, I went with my best friend who is pregnant so she wanted a dessert to share, omg, that dessert I think had more calories than anything I've ever eaten! It was sooo good. But later that night I kept thinking about how many calories I had just eaten and it made me realize I HAD to get up and exercise! =) I wont do that again... not as much food anyway!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did that at Friday's last week. Live and learn.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ***Fuji apple salad from Panera, sorry about the typo!

I learned that the hard way too. Stupid fattening salad.