Need advice on heart rate monitors

Options
Need some opinions here...I am wanting to purchase a device that accurately measures how many calories that you burn. I was thinking a heart monitor but I have been looking at the fitbit as well because it works with the myfitnesspal website as well which would help me see calories in and calories out very easily. The only thing that I worry about with the fitbit is that it doesn't measure your heart rate so how accurate is it for determining your calorie expenditures? Any thoughts or suggestions??? :huh:

Replies

• Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    My friend posted yestereday, trying to find suggestions for heart rate monitors. No luck :ohwell: I hope this topic gets a better response, cuz I'm very interested too!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    I am currently looking into the fitbit ultra as well!

I have the Polar F6 and love it. Its easy to use and I think its really accurate.
  • lourolfes
    lourolfes Posts: 13
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft7 and I love it. It shoots a little bit high, but I think that's mainly because it doesn't reduce the calorie total by the BMR....in other words, you would've already burned a certain amount just by sitting there....and it doesn't seem to take those away. Anyway, I just reduce the calorie total by about 10% to be on the safe side and I feel pretty good about it. Great monitor though...definitely recommend it.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I also have a fitbit. Fitbit is good for tracking steps taken, monitoring sleep, etc. It doesn't measure calories burned.
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline, not the best, but I compare it against my workout buddies and subtract 10% and I suppose I'm in the ballpark....
  • gleahy77
    gleahy77 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback! I am still undecided.