lourolfes Posts: 13
    Options
    af4bd_ORIG-Oh_Look_This_thread_again.jpg

It's a personal preference.

Wow...this was really insightful....
  • lourolfes
    lourolfes Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh, and by the way, some people have already read older posts but want opinions from new people. Maybe the newer people are in a similar position in their journey and have something that might help. Or maybe they don't feel like looking through old posts and just want to ask a question. Either way, I see no reason to be rude....even though I'm sure it made you feel really cool.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Honestly... If you're upset by repetitive questions, then ignore them, don't respond and move on. There are new folks on board every day and are asking genuine questions starting out and looking for positive support. Making someone feel like a dope for asking a reasonable question is unkind at best and certainly doesn't help anyone on their journey.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    af4bd_ORIG-Oh_Look_This_thread_again.jpg

It's a personal preference.

Wow...this was really insightful....

More in depth: Some people choose to eat back their calories - some don't. Most people on here looking to build muscle will tell you that they do, for instance. A lot of people looking to lose weight by eating healthy and doing light cardio don't want to eat back exercise calories. I eat mine back because it's easy for me to feel more energized and meet my caloric goal directly after a workout (I use protein shakes to eat back my ECs). That's basically it though - you do or you don't - choose which path you want to go with.
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly... If you're upset by repetitive questions, then ignore them, don't respond and move on. There are new folks on board every day and are asking genuine questions starting out and looking for positive support. Making someone feel like a dope for asking a reasonable question is unkind at best and certainly doesn't help anyone on their journey.

THANK YOU!! I'm not on here daily and I can't keep up with the boards most of the time, so even if it's been brought up before, it's useful to see it again.
  • jwalker9598
    Options
    I am only on my 19th day of eating right and working out, but I am working out six days a week with one rest day and I am giving myself one cheat meal a week, I still log and eat really light low calories at my other meals in order to have my cheat meal and not feel too bad about it. I just switched to MFP from "Lose It" on the recomendation of a friend and so far the only difference is that Lose It had a barcode scanner. Does MFP have something I can download for that? Also, after reading this I think I'm going to have to invest in a HRM, because I've always wondered about the accuracy of the machines at the gym!:smile:
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support on my thread. I do understand that I am asking a 'repetitive' question to some of the members on here, but just like some of you kindly says, "if you don't want to respond with something nice, please ignore my post and move on to the next". There are many posting out here and for some of us that are still new, it is so much easier for us to see the thread over again. I always love to see more feedback from old members and new members. This is a support group, there is really no reason for any one to be mean to each other. Thanks again for those of you that reply to my posting kindly and respectfully.