Easy low cal popsicles!

Options
DaSavedSinner
DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
Today I decided to make Popsicles using some molds, covered with packing tape to hold the sticks.

1 box Sugar free pudding of your favorite flavor (cal depends on the type but Mine was 70 cal per serv with skim)
2 cups skim milk

OR

2 boxes SF pudding with using 2 flavors
4 cups skim milk
This add more variety in flavor plus doubles the yield

make pudding as normal and add to the molds

That is the normal way BUT it gets better.
If you add water in amount equal to the milk (ie. 1 box 2 c skim 2 c water) it halves the calories with out over diluting the flavor! I just made vanilla and 1 batch made 18. To be funny I added 3/1 red/blue food dye to make them into Pretty Purple Pudding Pops...kinda odd idea for a guy to come up with but I figured the wife and kid would find it amusing.

Next batch I am going to use 1 chocolate SF, and 1 Pistachio SF with 4c skim 4 c water. I just need more molds LOL. Oh dang and milk too...Sigh.

Replies

• tabbycat627
    Options
    My friends will love trying these out for me :o) Thanks for the idea!
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The batch I made is Mostly frozen so I had to try one....WOW! Lol, they are awesome and next batch I am going to add water to make more but with less cal even though they are already low cal. If I can eat 2 for the cal of one why the heck not!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Today I decided to make Popsicles using some molds, covered with packing tape to hold the sticks.

1 box Sugar free pudding of your favorite flavor (cal depends on the type but Mine was 70 cal per serv with skim)
    2 cups skim milk

OR

2 boxes SF pudding with using 2 flavors
    4 cups skim milk
    This add more variety in flavor plus doubles the yield

make pudding as normal and add to the molds

That is the normal way BUT it gets better.
    If you add water in amount equal to the milk (ie. 1 box 2 c skim 2 c water) it halves the calories with out over diluting the flavor! I just made vanilla and 1 batch made 18. To be funny I added 3/1 red/blue food dye to make them into Pretty Purple Pudding Pops...kinda odd idea for a guy to come up with but I figured the wife and kid would find it amusing.

Next batch I am going to use 1 chocolate SF, and 1 Pistachio SF with 4c skim 4 c water. I just need more molds LOL. Oh dang and milk too...Sigh.

I used to make "pudding pops" for the kids when they were little. Add banana and peanut butter (protein) too...yummo!
  • jojotime22
    jojotime22 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Definitely bumping! :smile:
  • milli51
    milli51 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    Never thought of freezing them... Good Idea considering how hot it has been.