Hello...here I go again!

Options
This is probably my third attempt to reconstruct my weight and relationship with food, so needless to say I'm hoping the 3rd time is a charm! I am 33yrs old and married with two kids, two dogs, good job, nice life...that's the good...now on to the bad. I have been married for 10yrs and also at my job for ten years. I believe the combination of being comfortable in my relationship situation and moving to a desk job resulted in my weight climbing to 254lbs. When I married I was 164lbs, so basically I have gained a person! My husband and I both love to cook, so of course we love to eat and at work there is always a pot lock going on or some vendor bringing in the goodies. I look forward to this journey, I understand now more than ever it is more mental than anything and I have began to think of food as fuel that my body needs and realizing what the best "fuel" for it is. I just joined MFP today, I was using "Lose It' prior to this so this is my 19th day of the process and I look forward to reading everyones experiences and advice.

Replies

• burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome - your story sounds like many people, so you're certainly not alone. Take advantage of the support you will receive on MFP and keep positive!
  • Emilie1024
    Options
    Good Luck! Each time you try you become better. When I got my office job, I hated it and I ate and reached 240. I've gotten better at
  • jwalker9598
    Options
    thanks
  • iwannatri
    iwannatri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's tough...but you'll be glad you started. I got tired of starting all over again, so I'm hoping this time I'm going to do it right. I've been so much better since commiting to MFP...good luck!! YOU CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou: