Looking for support

Options
Hello, everyone! I've joined to try to get the "want to" back in me to lose weight & get back in shape. My weight has been a life-long issue, so I've tried numerous ways (TOPS, Weight Watchers, etc)...Now I'm older, and less motivated...but I believe I'm ready to take the necessary steps to lose weight again...time has a way of showing us what's important, and I know that taking better care of myself is an important issue. I hope to make some friends on this site, and hopefully together, we can help each other! :happy:

Replies

• Devoted2Him
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I've joined to try to get the "want to" back in me to lose weight & get back in shape. My weight has been a life-long issue, so I've tried numerous ways (TOPS, Weight Watchers, etc)...Now I'm older, and less motivated...but I believe I'm ready to take the necessary steps to lose weight again...time has a way of showing us what's important, and I know that taking better care of myself is an important issue. I hope to make some friends on this site, and hopefully together, we can help each other! :happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you here with us. Welcome and good luck meeting all your goals.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I think MFP is probably a better site for people who are ready to take control of themselves and not pay others to do it for them. You'll find many support groups and friendly advisers here.

Good Luck and Welcome!
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey to losing weight. You have taken the first step.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    If you are looking for support, you've come to the right place. :wink: Welcome to the best place on this side of the interweb. :happy:
  • allikay
    allikay Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome. You can do this!!! Recording everything will be the key. Good luck
  • Devoted2Him
    Options
    Thanks for all the "welcomes!" I'm already impressed with this site...Entering food is so easy! I can't believe I paid for services like this before!!! Looking forward to corresponding wth everyone!
  • grinningkat
    grinningkat Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, and be generous with your recording. Remember its better to overestimate a little what you ate. Sometimes even subway screws up their portions!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started a notebook and was writing what I ate for awhile. I was eating mostly healthy food so I didn't understand my weight. Then I found this site and entered a few days from the notebook! WOW, I was eating a lot of calories!

I hope you reach your goal! Let us know how you are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • newcreature
    Options
    I appreciate your candor. I too have just decided to give it another try...I am hoping to find support and victory. See ya around.