How do you get your 8 glasses of H2O a day?

Options
I can't have a drink while I'm working, so I find it very difficult to get in all the water I need. How do you do it?

Replies

• jesska224
    jesska224 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink water on my drive to and from work. This is huge for my water consumption... I also drink a glass at night, and if I work out, I get a glass then. So that's a good amount of water!
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I would try drinking as much as you can before you go to work, as you are getting ready. Then drink more in the car, on your breaks, etc.

I often have days that I have a lot of water to drink at the end of the day so I just CHUG as much as I can! It helps me to chug a large glass before meals.
  • GeritWag
    GeritWag Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink two glasses at breakfast, two at lunch, then two at dinner. A also drink one right before bed then take a glass to bed with me.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Coming from the restaurant industry, isn't it illegal to not allow employees ready access to water? IDK. Just thinking. I drink 4 of those glasses just during my workout, but I'm not sure how I'd get the rest in if I weren't able to drink (water) during work. If I drink them in the evening, I'll just be up in the middle of the night! (sorry TMI) Hope you can figure it out--especially if you're active, you need that H2O!
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    I drink two glasses at breakfast, two at lunch, then two at dinner. A also drink one right before bed then take a glass to bed with me.

I was just about to say almost the exact same thing. Though instead of just before bed and during the night I drink 2 glasses after I exercise as well.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What kind of job doesn't allow you to take a drink during your shift? I would have 1 glass when I woke up, 1 more before I left for work,1or2 at lunch, 1 when I got home from work 1 or 2 with dinner and 1 or 2 while relaxing in the evening, I would also drink 2 or 3 during exercise that will get you there good luck I know I feel better if I get my water in plus some
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i dont have a problem getting my water in, usually, except lately, but i guess i am in a rut. i find if i always carry a bottle with me in the car, it helps. and since tilting my head back while driving isn't really a great idea, i have found a good place to chug some water is at red lights. it gives me a good chance to drink a few gulps. by the time i get back from a local store, i have pretty much finished the bottle. while this won't get you 8 glasses a day (unless you work really far from home, i guess) it should help a little bit. one tip here, one tip there all adds up.

good luck...
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    why can't you drink water at work? that sounds like abuse.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    typically I drink it :-)
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I can't have a drink while I'm working, so I find it very difficult to get in all the water I need. How do you do it?

Interesting, however I drink at least 16 to 20 oz driving to and from work, then 16 oz before bed. Rising and Resting it is warmer water, to relax the body internally.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    umm, are these 8 hour work days? and do you have a lunch break? I drink about 1-2 bottles just from the time I get up and leave the house to do whatever for the day. then you could have 1-2servings (8oz) each at lunch. then drink the rest at night or during your workout.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I bought a 4 cup reusable water bottle at Target. Fill it twice a day, you're golden!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I drink a 1 liter water bottle throughout the day. which equal 4 glasses. and another one during my workouts. that makes 8 glasses.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Really?!?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

my sentiments exactly, I speak your language of sarcasm fluently.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    a glass when you wake up, one on the way to work, one with each meal, one after a workout and one before bed. done.
  • Yoga_Mama_Fit
    Yoga_Mama_Fit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    From the faucet ;)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options

was thinking the same thing!!

I am able to drink/eat when I need to at work, I drink 2-4 30oz bottles a day 2 minimum 4-5 maximum if its very hot or if I work out that day. I hope you can figure it out, having some in the am and on the way to and from work sounds good.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    One first thing in the morning... and every time I go to the bathroom I try to drink a cup... which creates a vicious cycle :)