A NEW KIND OF WEDDING RING...

Options
fitnessyeoja
fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
It's the "I'm Married" imprint ring. http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/28/12462651-will-an-im-married-imprint-wedding-ring-discourage-cheating?lite

I think it's ridiculous. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work on people with hairy knuckles.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    If you think this kind of ring is necessary - you have no business getting married.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    No ring of any kind will stop someone if they are determined to cheat. Male or female.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    For $550 dollars? No thanks.
    Wouldn’t the imprint fade in 20 minutes, giving the wearer ample time to carry out their, um, plans?
    What if the person who is cheating with the wearer simply doesn’t care that they’re married?
    If you feel the need to purchase this, shouldn’t you reexamine your relationship?
    Basically, this item would be purchased under the assumption that its wearer was going to be unfaithful at some point, which really should be a deal breaker at the start.

And this.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So for a not particularly interesting looking wedding band, with some poor engraving and fitted a size too small, someone is willing to stump up $550?
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    im sorry, but if i was to cheat *which i wouldnt* a ring and an imprint wouldnt stop me. i probably wouldnt even realize the imprint. the fact that someone would discuss this type of ring with a partner kinda makes me sick. like not trusting them fromt he start. i would consider tattooed wedding rings, but thats because of my beliefs. not because i would be scared my significant other would take it off.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    stupid.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No ring of any kind will stop someone if they are determined to cheat. Male or female.

If your going to cheat, they will probably take it off...
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    No wedding ring will stop someone from cheating. And it won't stop others from being with them. Some people just don't care if others are married because there's excuses that come with them. "It's over between us," for example.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i think its cute :happy:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If you need ring like that, than maybe you should not get married!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This won't work for the girls who don't care if your man is married. My husband had an affair 7 1/2 years ago and she knew about me. I didn't know about her. She wanted him to leave me. Even a few years later she was calling him "Happy birthday! I told you I would never forget you". Grrr... dumb *****.

side note: I know he was in the wrong too so please don't come down on me because I am still mad at her. I got to confront him, yell and scream at him. I didn't get to confront her.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of women who don't care if a guy is married. Ask my ex.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hah, this is so ridiculous.
    However, I think that if they made rings that left a nice little pattern on your finger, made of little hearts, or flowers, I'd buy it :)

I could wear it all week, and since I have to take off my jewelry for softball games, I could take it off but still be cute :smile:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Wouldn’t the imprint fade in 20 minutes, giving the wearer ample time to carry out their, um, plans?
    What if the person who is cheating with the wearer simply doesn’t care that they’re married?
    If you feel the need to purchase this, shouldn’t you reexamine your relationship?
    Basically, this item would be purchased under the assumption that its wearer was going to be unfaithful at some point, which really should be a deal breaker at the start.

this.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Its the same as a big red shank!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I literally have a scar/permanent imprint from my wedding ring... I am not married anymore - according to the premise behind this ring, I take it to mean that people should assume I'm married and cheating because you can still see the imprint of my ring on my finger?

Such a stupid idea... cheaters will cheat, an imprint won't stop them.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you think this kind of ring is necessary - you have no business getting married.

^^Yup.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think it's great as a $550 joke. For real, though, if you need it, please see a marriage counselor.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    My husband is approached multiple times a week by females. Him wearing his ring doesn't matter to those girls, I'm married imprinted isn't going to matter either.