I hate you CHINESE FOOD

Options
I didn't avoid it... I ate chinese food. Of course my portion size was small but the fact that I was putting all that deep fried food in my body made me feel bad afterwards. This is me ranting. About to go see how many calories I can burn off before the sun goes down!

Sweet & Sour Chicken + Crab Ragoons= Public Enemy #1

Replies

• markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I fccking love Chinese food. I'll still have it but I stay away from the fried rice and chow mein... All veggie plus 2 sides of whatever the fcck
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know a lot about nutrition than I should because of the cuisine known as Chinese Food...... (Boneless Spare Ribs with Plantains (Tostones.. Dominican in me) with a side of white rice). The delivery and restaurant knew my name voice address and order to a T. That is a PROBLEM.

I started by putting away them big ol portions (feeds one hahahaha NO my family used to get one of those things and feed FOUR. what made me think it was ok to eat one by myself?): either half of it for the next day or in 2 other containers (for 3 servings). Rarely did I eat it all at once. Now it's becoming habit to stop ordering.

I agree with veggies being a much better option. I switched out of rice a long time ago, for example. Not like plantains are better lol, but like at mall chinese places for ex I get lo mein. Not great but better. After awhile trust me, this works:

I want CHINESE!!!!!.......Do I really want it? .... Look at the Biggest Loser participants (at day 1, not at the end). Drink 16 oz of water. Eat a piece of gum. Look at decreasing wallet. NVM.
  • vampire_cakes
    vampire_cakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't avoid it... I ate chinese food. Of course my portion size was small but the fact that I was putting all that deep fried food in my body made me feel bad afterwards. This is me ranting. About to go see how many calories I can burn off before the sun goes down!

Drools! Crab Ragoons are my faaaaaaaaaavorite. Get it away from me. Just go.....:sad: :brokenheart:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love chinese food. idgaf how fat it makes me. it is so frickin worth it.
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    I have to avoid it. If someone took me to a Chinese buffet I would destroy my calories. :(
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i love crab rangoons. you can make them yourself easily and have them be healthier by baking. i make them sometimes and they are delicious.
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    Oh gosh crab rangoons...I could literally eat hundreds of them.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

YUM! I love those plus general tso's chicken, honey chicken, bourbon chicken, beef & broccoli, fried shrimp, anything shrimp, anything lobster, beef lomein....ahhh now i want chinese food :(
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

for lunch today I had General Tso Chicken with an egg roll - :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Life is a balance and is to be lived well.
    I savored every bite...
    Chinese Food - LOVE IT!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I havent had chinese food in two months. Its not worth it.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    :sad:

YUM! I love those plus general tso's chicken, honey chicken, bourbon chicken, beef & broccoli, fried shrimp, anything shrimp, anything lobster, beef lomein....ahhh now i want chinese food :(
    [/quote]

Me tooooooo!!!! :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I LOVE CHINESE FOOD!! :love:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

OMG Those are 2 of my favorite things! I haven't had Chinese in I don't know how long, but I prefer the fried foods over the non-fried. Luckily I don't like rice in general so I don't have to worry about that. *kitten*, now I want Chinese.
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue last night and had Beef with Mushrooms... Still feel guilty today... But damn... It was tasty...
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    :) traditional chinese food is not greasy or meat loaded. it's mostly vegetables and rice with just a bit of meat or chicken or seafood for flavor. Fish is a good chinese food! steamed with chung choy and ginger! yum!!! low in fat and claories! It's always the americanized versions of foods that have the fat and grease.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm eating chinese right now. Asian PB2 chicken. YUM. Just make it yourself where you can control the ingredients and calories :)
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options

^^^This girl knows what's going on! I'm willing to throw my whole day away right now for some extra hot General Tso's!!!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Oh gosh crab rangoons...I could literally eat hundreds of them.

Literally hundreds? In one sitting? I'm not so sure.
  • josephine0701
    josephine0701 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im chinese, so yea i adore chinese food!! love it! but now, i limit it to once a week, or every two weeks on a splurge day!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :) traditional chinese food is not greasy or meat loaded. it's mostly vegetables and rice with just a bit of meat or chicken or seafood for flavor. Fish is a good chinese food! steamed with chung choy and ginger! yum!!! low in fat and claories! It's always the americanized versions of foods that have the fat and grease.

Those also happen to be the tastiest ones, lol.