Ready to drop these pounds!!

Options
I'm a wife, mother, Iraqi veteran, and christian. Over a year 1/2 ago I was discharged from the Army with a hip injury and then came the weight!! I was unemployed for a while and got depressed and drank and ate more.

It's time to make a change!

Replies

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You made the first start. Welcome feel free to add me I would love to be your support. But first I need to thank you for your service to our country. You can do this.
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome & good luck on your journey :smooched:
  • rawr2me
    rawr2me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i think this website is helping me, so i hope it benifits you! like the person said, welcome to the journey! :D
  • Sweetiepstine
    Options
    My name is Heather Im the mother of two beautiful children.. starting at age 18 i began to pack on weight out of the blue.. over the years the pounds kept creeping up and creeping up ugh now after the birth of my second baby im heavier than i ever was and sooo disgusted with myself Im so ready to get back on the bandwagon and get this weight off. Im always looking forward to meeting new people feel free to add me :)
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Toya - thank you so much for your service! It's great to see you on MFP. I also am an emotional eater, so I understand how hard it can break that habit. I have been on MFP for about a month, and it has been great - meeting others who have the same goals and struggles has really helped to keep me motivated. Best of luck in your weight loss - feel free to add me and we can support each other along the way!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! I have cravings for sweets on a daily basis and no matter how hard I try not to eat sweets or avoid the cravings, I just cant seem to do it... I stay right around the calories and I am suppose to consume on a daily basis, but I cant seem to lose wight.... Any ideas?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! I have cravings for sweets on a daily basis and no matter how hard I try not to eat sweets or avoid the cravings, I just cant seem to do it... I stay right around the calories and I am suppose to consume on a daily basis, but I cant seem to lose wight.... Any ideas?

Your diary is closed so it will be difficult to help. Are you eating to your calorie goal? MFP has already created a deficit for you when you chose your activity level, so it is important to eat back those exercise calories!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I'm a wife, mother, Iraqi veteran, and christian. Over a year 1/2 ago I was discharged from the Army with a hip injury and then came the weight!! I was unemployed for a while and got depressed and drank and ate more.

It's time to make a change!

And coming here is a step in the right direction!!!
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    First, thank you for your service to our country. And thank you for being brave enough to say you are Christian! This program is so inspiring, I have only been signed up for 20 days, but am doing great! I think the accountability is key for me. I stop and think before I eat something, but also admitting when I do eat something unhealthy makes a difference too. I had a problem w/alcohol for a number of years also but am sober now. You can do this!!
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options

Your diary is closed so it will be difficult to help. Are you eating to your calorie goal? MFP has already created a deficit for you when you chose your activity level, so it is important to eat back those exercise calories!!!

How do I open my diary?
  • tavales
    tavales Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome to the journey. A healthy life style is a process and at times I feel depressed and unmotivated but I am ready to keep going to reach my goal. Looking to meet new people so feel free to add me. Best of luck to you during this journey.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    My home....settings....diary settings
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Navy vet married to a disabled Marine vet. :) I'll send you a request!
  • tavales
    tavales Posts: 16
    Options
    Go to settings,select diary setting and then you should be able to change for friends or people on MFP only to view your diary.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    add as many positive people as possible!! I am a christian, mom, wife and student!!! Trying to get "there"! Add me and we can help motivate each other!

Thank you for your time and service to our country! ~Corina
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options

How do I open my diary?

As I suspected you aren't eating enough!! Do as much as your own cooking as possible, eating more fruit and vegetables, whole grains, drink water and eat back those exercise calories!!
  • naturalbrowndiva
    naturalbrowndiva Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step. This website will truly help you. Welcome and feel free to add me. take it one pound at a time. Like I have to tell myself the weight wasn't gained overnight so it's not going to be lost overnight.
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    Thanks I figured it out.