Guess my weight :)

Options

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add something just because I felt like people should know if they don't, that when you replace muscle with fat, you often take up less room than you would with a higher body fat % - thus you are smaller! When I got married I weighed 140lbs - but then over a few years ballooned up to 190lbs. When I finally got back down 140lbs again, I wanted to try on my wedding dress again because I felt so proud. When I put it on, it was way too big! So even though you may weigh 143lbs, I personally think you look smaller than that because of how lean you are.
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    I know it's easy to roll your eyes at people who are saying that you look great and saying they wish they looked like you. Keep in mind, we are not experts and likely have little frame of reference for weight guessing. If the poll were, "how freaking hot am I?" you might have been more encouraged by the response. Keep it up, I'm your height and have about twenty pounds on you so this is very inspiring!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know it's easy to roll your eyes at people who are saying that you look great and saying they wish they looked like you. Keep in mind, we are not experts and likely have little frame of reference for weight guessing. If the poll were, "how freaking hot am I?" you might have been more encouraged by the response. Keep it up, I'm your height and have about twenty pounds on you so this is very inspiring!

I agree.. but know that it is so true. I cannot wait to be under 200 pounds. That will be a huge accomplishment to me, and then to be anywhere near 145-160 pounds I will probably just walk around naked.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Is it good to fast? Yes or No
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Who cares about the number the scale says. Girl you look AMAZING!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you look awesome! I have a total girl crush on those arms! I would guess 135, just because of the muscles.
  • Jlconway3
    Jlconway3 Posts: 6
    Options
    It would be a bit easier if I knew how tall you are, but my guess is 123#. And if that is at all close, don't worry about weight, maybe you could rely on % body fat
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    You look hot!! I'm so jealous of your body! You have fantastic everything!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why is 143 a depressing number?? I thought for women's weight the general rule of thumb is 100 pounds for the first five feet, then 5 pounds per inch after. Thus, a woman 5'8 should weigh about 140 pounds, give or take a few. You are right where you're supposed to be and you look wonderful...how small do you want to get?
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look crazy fit girl! I'm 5'8 and around 170 when really fit - so I was about to guess a number you wouldn't have liked. But even when accounting for height, we all have different builds. Seriously, I'm not just being nice, you look great :).
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Why is 143 a depressing number?? I thought for women's weight the general rule of thumb is 100 pounds for the first five feet, then 5 pounds per inch after. Thus, a woman 5'8 should weigh about 140 pounds, give or take a few. You are right where you're supposed to be and you look wonderful...how small do you want to get?

This number comes out pretty low for most people.

OP: I think the only reason you think that weight is "high" is because we've been conditioned to think that any woman, regardless of height, who weighs over 120 is "huge." I just think of Gabby Reece, she was about 180 in her prime. ;)

Trash the scale, you look great. No need to worry about it at all.
  • Timetogetskinny
    Timetogetskinny Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You LOOK GREAT and AMAZING!! Don't let everyone else's numbers get to you... everyone is different!! You've come a long way to get where you are now... And where you will want to be will only be for you to decide!

So, embrace your accomplishments now and continue the great effort to where you will be happy with yourself because that's ALL that REALLY MATTERS!! =D
  • 911Megz
    911Megz Posts: 42
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! don't be depressed!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing around one twenty hot.
  • Balance05
    Balance05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the stupid scale says?! You look fantastic. Great job!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The truth is that number isn't the only indicator of your success!! I have recently gained a few pounds but my measurements are still going down!! I wear a size 2 now and they are getting loose!!! To hell with the scale!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Throw out your scale. Whatever your weight, you look fantastic!
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    lol well this was depressing.
    I weigh 143lbs.

Proof that people are crap at guessing someone's weight, without training.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    body looks great =) I'd say for your height about 145lbs.
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This was me at the highest i have a picture of- got to 170- this was about 168

168.jpg

My lowest- I ate very little and was so unhappy- 130lbs- got to 127lbs.
    Picture2384.jpg

I would like to get back to 136- 140lbs but maintaining the muscle I have now- my measurements at my current weight of 143 are 33,27.5,34. and that's smaller then I was at 128lbs. muscle helps, its just hard to not see the scale move. I follow my measurements a lot more now then I ever did, more so because according to the scale nothing was really happening.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot!