HELP!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! I have cravings for sweets on a daily basis and no matter how hard I try not to eat sweets or avoid the cravings, I just cant seem to do it... I stay right around the calories and I am suppose to consume on a daily basis, but I cant seem to lose wight.... Any ideas?
    You just started logging, right? Give yourself a little time first. If you're sticking around the calories MFP suggests, and getting some exercise in, the weight will come off. Patience, grasshopper--and don't beat yourself up!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for about a month now and lost 12 pounds.

On the weekend I started on a bender. I've only tracked calories one day this week.. the rest of the days I have definitely gone over each day. I'm exhausted from work, been working nights and not caring what I've been eating - icecream, chips, baguettes, pho today and way over calories.

This is a pattern for me.. lose 10-12 pounds, then go on a bender and put it all on again, I have been yoyo-ing like this for years. It's been going for a week now, usually turns into 4+ weeks... Can I stop before it goes too far????????? I think so... it's important to acknowledge the pattern right??? People, talk some sense into me!!!!! :)

Does anyone else experience this? I feel like I am some kind of freak!

Pam

I have the exact same problem!
  • deniseiwans
    Options
    No you are not a freak. I bet we all have done this. As a matter of fact I am an official "yo yo dieter" myself. Lost 40 pounds, gained 30. Emotional, depressive eating. Had to "remotivate" myself after feeling sorry for myself for gaining almost all my weight back. I just keep thinking, I feel so much better eating healthy! The sluggishness is gone, energy level is up. Right now, this very second, put the bing you went on in the past. Go for it, you can do it!!!!!
  • Nighthawk61
    Options
    You'll never be alone again!!!!
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    HELP!!!! I have cravings for sweets on a daily basis and no matter how hard I try not to eat sweets or avoid the cravings, I just cant seem to do it... I stay right around the calories and I am suppose to consume on a daily basis, but I cant seem to lose wight.... Any ideas?
    You just started logging, right? Give yourself a little time first. If you're sticking around the calories MFP suggests, and getting some exercise in, the weight will come off. Patience, grasshopper--and don't beat yourself up!

Thank you
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    Is it good to fast? Yes or No
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I used to...but I have to give all that up! I stopped eating processed, premade anything!! No dining out. I cook from scratch at home. I make more then one dinner a night...and make extra for my lunch the next day. It works for me. I used to eat out everyday....now never!
    Processed food have so much sugar, sodium & fat...I just couldn't leave it a lone. Once I was off of it I was great!!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Is it good to fast? Yes or No

Mmmm... I'd say there is no "yes or no" about it.

Some people would say yes. Some people would say no. I would want to know why you want to fast and for how long.

Here are some links to help you out, especially since I see you aren't netting even 1200 on a regular basis. Some people will argue that it's ok to go that low but that really depends on your height/weight and stuff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • pamela_73
    pamela_73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You'll never be alone again!!!!

:)