Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Long life....

vade43113
vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
The more and more profiles I read, I see a lot of people want to live a long life.... but, what are you doing to make that life meaningful now?

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    this is a great question

i am trying to work on my happiness and have been using affirmations, gratitude checks, and setting an intention into my days
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    : Investing in my marriage of22 years, investing in my kids daily andsekking after GODS will in my life. His ways are perfect....mine are not!:tongue: these relationships are what matter most in life!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    The more and more profiles I read, I see a lot of people want to live a long life.... but, what are you doing to make that life meaningful now?
    reaching potential, living well and being happy.
    That is our whole purpose in life.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    finding joy in every situation possible. doing things that scare me. traveling. spending time with my family and friends. Loving every second possible. jumping in with both feet!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    That is the age old question - what is the meaning of life. How can one's life be made most meaningful?

1. Lend a helping hand to those who need it.
    2. Love your family - mend those broken relationships
    3. Be a good person - do unto others...
    4. "Shower the people you love with love'" - James Taylor
    5. Create happiness for you and those around you.

Everybody has a different way to measure a meaningful life.
    These are some of the things I try to do.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Raising smart, well rounded, joyful children. They are by far my most important job and purpose. I'm working on my own happiness as well. Laughing as much as possible. Being patient and kind as often as possible. Being gracious.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    From my profile page:

"I fully believe that I am one of God's miracles. Late last year, He touched me with His grace and mercy as only He can. I intend to hold on to His hand, and go wherever He leads me. In order for me to do that, I need to ensure that I am healthy enough to do it, AND to be a good steward of this body He has given me. With God's help, all things are possible,"

What makes my life meaningful?

Service to God, and to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. God blesses me with great joy for simple acts of kindness and love towards other people. He blesses me with UNBELIEVABLE peace just for the simple act of trusting in Him and doing what He asks of me when He puts it on my heart to do something. He showers me with love simply for showering others with love.

In giving these things away, love and kindness, He returns them to me sevenfold. In complete surrender to His will, there is total victory, and in total trust, there is perfect peace.

I try and keep my will centered under God's will. My goal is to treat each person I meet with the dignity and respect that I would give to God, regardless of their apparent "station" in life, and to show them God's love. It is so much easier to share the Gospel of salvation when you actually live out the life as Christ intended it to be lived, EVERY DAY, and not just for a couple of hours on Sunday.

Am I perfect? Heck no!!!! I'm a bum, a screw up, and a sinner, just like everyone else. But through Christ, my past is forgiven, and to show my LOVE for Him, I LIVE for Him!

Where there is love, there is no fear.

THAT, to me, is the abundant life!!!!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    I'm trying to get a job with the government/state so I can retire in 20 years and actually enjoy my beautiful city to the fullest.
  • mnkbrly
    mnkbrly Posts: 9
    Serving the Lord and His people with my whole heart!!! That is one of my biggest reason to be healthy....many people need to be reached!!