zumba friends

Options
aztraea
aztraea Posts: 44 Member
Anyone else doing Zumba and loving it? I went to my first class last week and have gone twice more since then! I just joined MFP recently, so would love some Zumba friends :)

Replies

• bamasweetthang
    Options
    i am doing zumba 3 nites a week in my town. does anyone know how much of calories u burn in 1 hour of doing zumba i tried to find it and can't
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I do 3 nights a week for 1 to 1 and a half . I am a Zumba addict. Add me plz, I just love talking to other ppl about it. My profile pic is me at Zumba lol.
  • aztraea
    Options
    i am doing zumba 3 nites a week in my town. does anyone know how much of calories u burn in 1 hour of doing zumba i tried to find it and can't

Try this site http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • aztraea
    Options
    I do 3 nights a week for 1 to 1 and a half . I am a Zumba addict. Add me plz, I just love talking to other ppl about it. My profile pic is me at Zumba lol.

yay! Have never ever been so happy to exercise as when I go to zumba :)
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    this is my second month doing zumba...fully addicted! i go four times a week! any zumba fitness freaks want to add me...go fo it! C:
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    love love love zumba class.. got it for the wii few months ago but it isn't the same as class and bonding and laughing with the gals...
  • FrostyCheeks
    Options
    I used to go 4 nights a week and then moved and have recently started back up but twisted my knee on monday night so I'm hoping it heals and I can get back up and going next week :D
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options

my advice is to get a heart rate monitor watch. i track it for the entire hour and average a burn of 1000 calories...sometimes up to 1200. make sure the settings on it are correct for your height, weight age and resting heart rate
  • s00kied
    s00kied Posts: 3
    Options
    There is a calculator for calories burned doing Zumba

http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I love zumba! I am a teacher and a girl at my school is an instructor and teaches 2 classes a week when school is in session. I recorded her and do that in my living room since school is out. She does a lot more current music and reggae-ton (or however that's spelled) than the typical latin music. I absolutely love it and sweat so much from it!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Zumba intimidates me lol I see the other ladies doing it and I just think I'm not coordinated enough and I'll look like a fool. I did tell myself it's my next benchmark reward though.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

I love my zumba. It's a fantastic workout.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    I love ZUMBA!!!
  • aztraea
    Options
    I love zumba! I am a teacher and a girl at my school is an instructor and teaches 2 classes a week when school is in session. I recorded her and do that in my living room since school is out. She does a lot more current music and reggae-ton (or however that's spelled) than the typical latin music. I absolutely love it and sweat so much from it!

Jealous! The first class I went to had a sub teaching and it was all hip hop / reggaeton - LOVED it! The other two I've been two are much more Latin and I kind of suck at taking those itty bittty samba (or whatever) steps lol!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3 times a week! I was nervous to try it at first, but am so glad that I did, I'm hooked! To those nervous about trying it, don't be. You will catch on! Nobody is watching you anyway, they are all busy watching the instructor. Just keep moving and have fun!

I wear my HRM during Zumba, and most classes I burn between 450-550 calories.
  • aztraea
    Options
    Zumba intimidates me lol I see the other ladies doing it and I just think I'm not coordinated enough and I'll look like a fool. I did tell myself it's my next benchmark reward though.

You should give it a try! One good thing to know is that everyone is so busy watching the teacher that they'll never bother watching you make a mistake!
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for over 2 years and still love it just as much. I wear a HRM and I burn anywhere between 700-1000 calories in my hour long class. I would suggest a HRM as being the best way to see how many cals YOU burn doing YOUR Zumba class - everyone and every class is different. Please add me if you like and anyone else who loves, loves, loves their Zumba :)
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

See if you can find a Zumba Gold class, it's a bit slower and less intense. You could start with that and see if you like it. The one I'm in is still a lot for me but not nearly so intense as the regular one I went to at a local gym taught by this extremely fit woman. If you google zumba you will find the official site with classes listed all over the place.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i go to zumba on tuesday nights thursday nights and saturday morning every week.
  • NickyM96
    NickyM96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba background on some of y'all tracker!!!!!!!!

For those asking about calories burned, I have a bodymedia monitor and for an hour of Zumba, I usually burn 450 - 650 calories. When we do the 90 minute class, I burn about 850 calories.