**Progress pics** 25 lbs gone

Options
I haven't posted progress pics yet. I honestly have been to afraid. Then I decided I was going to act instead of being afraid. That is how I gained weight. I didn't want to deal with things going on around me. I was living in my shell of fat. Then I decided that enough was enough. I don't want diabetes like my mother, and grandfather, and aunts and uncles. I don't want cancer. I want to keep up with my gorgeous kids and fabulous husband. They are my greatest joy. I couldn't do that when I just didn't want to get out of bed. The first picture is of me a girlfriend on a trip. I was around 160 lbs. My highest was 170 lbs. I can't find pictures of that weight because frankly I didn't let them get taken of me.
smallerpicofJMandIcropped.jpg

Here I am today. Lovely self pics but I have made a lot of progress. I am currently 145 lbs. I do zumba about 4-5 times a week. When I can't make it to zumba I try and get on my bike and ride the country roads in my area. I have also recently started a resistance training class. I am hoping to start lifting heavy. Right now I am taking baby steps...getting over the unknown in the gym.

Front view
frontview145lbs-1.jpg

Side View
sideview145lbs-1.jpg

I still want to lose about 20 pounds to hit my ultimate goal.

Thanks to everyone who has been such a great support.

**sorry, keep editing to make the picture fit right**

Replies

• carolinenorthrup
    carolinenorthrup Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow you look SO GOOD. Keep it up! I know you'll reach your goal!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Holy craps.

That is insane. You look terrific!! I can't believe that was only 25 pounds. In the first picture, are you the girl on the right? My screen only shows half a person. D: Maybe the image is too big?
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am the one on the right in the red shirt. I cropped the picture so it should fit now.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    Holy craps.

That is insane. You look terrific!! I can't believe that was only 25 pounds. In the first picture, are you the girl on the right? My screen only shows half a person. D: Maybe the image is too big?

Thanks! It feels great. I can hardly believe its just 25 pounds that could make such a difference.
  • Gettinbk2me
    Gettinbk2me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    you look SO fit!! Way to go!!! :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You look really good! How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and you look about like I did when I was 145/150-ish, so I'm curious.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    you look SO fit!! Way to go!!! :D

Thanks! I love your user name. We call my niece Katy-bug.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    You look really good! How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and you look about like I did when I was 145/150-ish, so I'm curious.

I guess I should have posted that in my original...I am 5'6"
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You go girl!! Great results :)
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You go girl!! Great results :)

Thanks! Its this kind of reinforcement that helps keep me on track. One more reason to love MFP,all the great people on here.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Wow! I think you would be perfect at about 135 - especially if you start weight training. It's just my opinion, but I really don't think you need to go for 20 more! You are nearly there and with tone and definition you will be outstanding! (You could stop right now and be gorgeous, but that's not the point...) Have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on getting up the guts to post the pics too! I've still been too lazy to figure out how to do that ;-p
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options

Wow! I think you would be perfect at about 135 - especially if you start weight training. It's just my opinion, but I really don't think you need to go for 20 more! You are nearly there and with tone and definition you will be outstanding! (You could stop right now and be gorgeous, but that's not the point...) Have fun! :flowerforyou:

135 would be a good weight. I would be happy there. I thought 125 cuz that is what my teenagers weigh and they are my height. I guess I will see once I start lifting what I am comfortable at.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on getting up the guts to post the pics too! I've still been too lazy to figure out how to do that ;-p

Haha its pretty easy to do. You should post.
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!! Great to see your fantastic progress!! Well done:)
  • SaraM4786
    SaraM4786 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Look at those toned arms! I can't wait until my stomach looks like that; just one baby and I have a whole 'nother spare tire!

I agree that you probably don't need to lose much more. Your kids may weigh 125, but I'm sure you've gained quite a bit of muscle working out and they may not have as much muscle mass as you do. However, you know your body best and we all have our own ultimate goals and you are doing great!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Options
    Wow! Look at those toned arms! I can't wait until my stomach looks like that; just one baby and I have a whole 'nother spare tire!

I agree that you probably don't need to lose much more. Your kids may weigh 125, but I'm sure you've gained quite a bit of muscle working out and they may not have as much muscle mass as you do. However, you know your body best and we all have our own ultimate goals and you are doing great!

5 babies did a number on me. I am just grateful they didn't give me stretch marks. I picked 125 because one of my daughters is a dancer. She dances over 13 hours a week in 5 days. She has amazing tone in her legs and core. My other daughter is a runner. She has been naturally gifted with some serious guns...her biceps are awesome. She also is shaped like me with a fairly hourglass shape. I know they are younger but at one time I did weigh the 125 after I had both of them within a year of each other. I would like to see that weight again. But like most my goals are evolving as I work thru this phase. Strong and healthy is the true ultimate goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!