New here from PA, looking for others to help motivate

Options
Hello all, I'm Leslie, 37, from Pennsylvania. I'm on a mission to lose 60 lbs and could use friends as motivation and support. I do so much better when I can relate to others or have someone that will give me that push to make it through a rough day.

Replies

• VFDNewbie1
    Options
    Hi Leslie, I am Lois from across the border in NY. A friend's dd told me about this--hoping to lose 34 pounds. I started this yesterday and was rather discouraged in that I was under with my calorie intake, yet gained a half pound! How can that be!?
  • klindaberry
    klindaberry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Leslie, I am Kim also from Pa. If you would like to friend me, feel free. I will try my best to motivate you and help out the best way I can.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from PA, too! I have been on here since March and have lost 24 lbs. tracking my food, exercising and building a good support system. Would be happy to support you in your journey to a healthier you! I will add you! What part of the state are you from? I grew up in central PA but currently live in southwestern PA with my husband and 5 kids!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Central Penn represent!
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello Leslie, I sent you a friend request......I'm near Pittsburgh, PA. I don't have a lot left to lose but I really need to work on toning it up.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Pa here too feel free to add me,I'm from the sweetest place on Earth :wink:
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello! I am from Pa as well!! South Central that is. I became a member in April but didn't start my dieting and exercising until 3 weeks ago. I lost 7 lbs so far just from eating better and working out more than I usually would! I am going to add you! :)
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi, I'm from PA too! Harrisburg area. I turn 36 tomorrow! I have lost close to 20 pounds, but have 30 more to go. Welcome to MFP, it's a great way to get support. You cann add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in PA too, Delaware County but originally from Chicago.
  • piratetink
    piratetink Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Leslie - another PA friend here! I'm from the Eastern part - near the Poconos & Lehigh Valley. I'm looking to lose about the same amount as you so feel free to add me.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Bucks County here!!! Happy to be a Pennsylvanian!!! Or, as my friends from New Jersey say - Pennsyltucky!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from PA, too! I have been on here since March and have lost 24 lbs. tracking my food, exercising and building a good support system. Would be happy to support you in your journey to a healthier you! I will add you! What part of the state are you from? I grew up in central PA but currently live in southwestern PA with my husband and 5 kids!
    I'm originally from western PA. :) Beaver County.
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like i can always help to motivate and use some to.
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lancaster County! Any of you neighbors feel free to add me! :)
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    ALL the PA People in the house, say, "You got a friend in PA.!"
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from western PA. :) Beaver County.

I live in Westmoreland County! Grew up near Penn State!
  • Readyinhampton
    Readyinhampton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yea PA!!! I live north of Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) but grew up in Armstrong County.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options

I didn't realize you grew up in central pa. I live in york county now.

To the original poster, feel free to add me. I like to motivate and encourage just as much as i like receiving it in return. Good luck!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Bucks County here!!! Happy to be a Pennsylvanian!!! Or, as my friends from New Jersey say - Pennsyltucky!

No kidding?! I grew up in Bucks County too.
  • purpleplum1214
    purpleplum1214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Leslie,
    WELCOME TO MFP! Feel free to add me if you need a motivating buddy!! I'm always interested in meeting new people to help fight the fight together.