~*~ Digital Kitchen Scale ~*~

Options
Alright guys, I'm looking to buy one. What is the best one? Accuracy, cost, and durability please.

:)

Do they usually have grams & ounces?

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's best but I got a cheapie $15 one off Amazon and it has grams, ounces, lbs. and kgs. It's been great. I think they usually do have grams and ounces. You will want that, and also a tare feature.
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    I don't know what's best but I got a cheapie $15 one off Amazon and it has grams, ounces, lbs. and kgs. It's been great. I think they usually do have grams and ounces. You will want that, and also a tare feature.

Awesome, thanks :)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Target. It's got the tare feature, ounces and grams. It's glass top and really small which I like.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Same here. I have some jewelers weights and it is accurate to <.25 grams. You can put a plate on it, zero it and it will weigh what you put on the plate (tare).
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mine was about $15-20 at Walmart, I use it daily. Glass surface on plastic base, easy to weigh with containers, just place the bowl cup,ect, and turn on or if already on press the reset to "zero" the scale. I even have a sticker on it to remind me of the weight per oz. It comes very handy when I cannot find a measuring cup since i just follow the grams amount off the nutrition panels. I cannot find the scale i use but this one is similar with more features http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Biggest-Loser-Digital-Food-Scale-6.6-lb.-Capacity/11090896
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have the red "EatSmart Precision Pro - Multifunction Digital Kitchen Scale w/ Extra Large LCD and 11 Lb. Capacity" that I bought off Amazon and I love it - use it every single day for the past six months with no problems. It was $25 with free shipping when I bought it. It has 5 star reviews from 3,503 people!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    The biggest loser digital scale from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $19.99. This is the one i've used for the past 3 years or so. Works great.
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got a Martha Stewart digital scale at Macy's for something like $20. It has grams, ounces and tare, and has worked great for over a year now.
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart. The Biggest loser scale. You have the capability to weight multple items at the same time by clearing the tare back to zero before adding the next item. Super cheap about 20-30. Easily kept clean with glass top. Weighs in both grams and ounces with a touch of a button. Weighs up to 11 lb and down to a .01 ounce. Awesome deal.
  • anitadhey
    anitadhey Posts: 10
    Options
    I bought The Nutrition Label Scale off of the QVC website over a year ago and love it. It weighs in ounces or grams and it also comes with a code book where, it you want, you can put in what kind of item you are weighing, like different kinds of apples, veggies, fresh meats and other foods that you don't have a nutrition label for and it gives you a read out that looks just like a nutritional label with calories, etc. I use this every day, especially with the fresh fruits and veggies to get more exact on the calories. :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mine cost 24.99 (Onyx Tabletop Scale) but it's orange (I wanted that color), but is glass topped and the buttons are heat sensitive so the top surface is solid (easy to clean/wipe). Has various measurements, plus a tare function (so you can remove the weight of the container) and a hook so I hang it right where I can reach it and use it every time (thus the bright color). PS: can also handle up to 11 pounds.... some scales can't go that high.

I got one from Walmart, glass topped, Mainstay brand. AVOID that one - very hard to turn on & get the tare to work (if off turned off after getting the tare reading). I brought it back, got a new one (same brand/model) did the same thing (even w/ fresh battery too).
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I bought this one at Amazon almost two years ago. It gets daily use and seems to be quite accurate.

EatSmart Precision Pro - Multifunction Digital Kitchen Scale w/ Extra Large LCD and 11 Lb. Capacity
  • RJAgeo
    RJAgeo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Chefmate® 3-in-1 Digital Scale based on some detailed research. Very happy with the device after 4 years of use!
    Amazon rating is 4.7 out of 5